Alcohol Policy On Tp

k2cruiser

I have read the FAQ section of the Cruise Answer book and I do understand that there is one bottleof wine/champagne per person limit upon embarkation. My question is: Can you bring cases of bottled water aboard when we embark? I need to have water frequently due to the medication that I am on. Will the ship provide this? Has anyone bought a case for their own consumption?

If I remember correctly, five years ago, you were allowed a couple of bottles per day. (That is not enough) Does anyone have some input on this situation?

I have read the FAQ section of the Cruise Answer book and I do understand that there is one bottleof wine/champagne per person limit upon embarkation. My question is: Can you bring cases of bottled water aboard when we embark? I need to have water frequently due to the medication that I am on. Will the ship provide this? Has anyone bought a case for their own consumption?

If I remember correctly, five years ago, you were allowed a couple of bottles per day. (That is not enough) Does anyone have some input on this situation?

Princess does not provide free bottled water onboard in any amount. We have sailed with them since back in the early 90's and have never found they provided it free of charge onboard any ship. But we have never had a problem with the ship water in the last 10 years. It is as pure as the bottled stuff now.

Yes, you can bring on a case in Papeete, but keep in mind, buying it in Papeete will probably cost you more than purchasing it direct from the ship if you feel you would rather drink bottled water.

Do they enforce the one bottle of wine per person or can you bring more?

Normally, they don't even bother to check. We have taken more than one bottle on before with no problems at all. Now, someday they may begin enforcing their rule without notice. But remember, if they decide to do that, they will return the extras the final night onboard. So, you won't loose the extra if all of a sudden they decide they are going to make everyone follow the rules, it will just mean a huge wine party in your stateroom the final night onboard. :) :)

TP's Evian prices onboard were far less than what the cost is in Papeete and there is plenty available to purchase on the ship. You can also buy bottled water frizzante (with gas) on board. Can't recall if, in addition to Perrier, they also serve Pellegrino.

I brought onboard plenty of bottles of champagne and wine without any problem at various ports. BTW, TP's wine and champagne selection - and prices - are pretty good. Due to supply issues, they do run out of certain wines in the S. Pacific.

TP's Evian prices onboard were far less than what the cost is in Papeete and there is plenty available to purchase on the ship. You can also buy bottled water frizzante (with gas) on board. Can't recall if, in addition to Perrier, they also serve Pellegrino.

I brought onboard plenty of bottles of champagne and wine without any problem at various ports. BTW, TP's wine and champagne selection - and prices - are pretty good. Due to supply issues, they do run out of certain wines in the S. Pacific.

Have no problem purchasing wine from the ship--one thing I did notice on our last cruise was that one of the bottles I buy a lot of was either not available in the dining room or not available to room service--whichever--it was available at only one of the places

We've had many gatherings in our stateroom and ordered wine/champagne from room service--seemed reasonable in price for where we were--also--when you have people over to your stateroom--they also tend to share some of their stash which works well for those of us who are willing to share our stateroom

Nancy:D

There is bottled water every where in Papeete, but it is expensive - think about $3 -4 a bottle in some spots! We got a couple of bottles and just refilled them from the ship's tap (they ask that you not use the machines in the buffet to fill them directly, but you could alway bring a long a large plastic cup and use that to fill them. You can also buy bottled water, but that gets expensive as well.

Gemini0923 - it took me three tries to get a bottle of wine that they actually had in stock. There is a good selection if you are flexible in your tastes. Prices per bottle started at about $22 and went up from there. They will hold onto a bottle if you don't finish it and that's a cheaper wat to go than just getting one glass (about $6-7) a night.

We took along four bottles of champagne and didn't have a problem. Just remember to pack them very well!

Archived