Just Getting a Cab

J&KCruisers

Anyone just get a cab and take a tour in either PV or Mazatlan??

Where did you go and how was it???

We did the Mexican Riviera over 15 years ago and will probably do it for the next cruise. We view our November cruise as research for future cruises. I am thinking that we just find a cab at the port and drive for a couple hours with some ideas of places to go.

Any advice??

Thanks.

John

Anyone just get a cab and take a tour in either PV or Mazatlan??

Where did you go and how was it???

We did the Mexican Riviera over 15 years ago and will probably do it for the next cruise. We view our November cruise as research for future cruises. I am thinking that we just find a cab at the port and drive for a couple hours with some ideas of places to go.

Any advice??

Thanks.

John

We've used cabs in both ports. Never as a full "charter" just to get where we wanted and then cab back.

First time in PV we wanted to do a distillery tour. It was around $40pp from the ship. DW found out about the Porfidio Distillery that did tours also. So, we grabbed a cab (walk out to the street, they're less expensive) and went. Ended up with a private tour for $5 each including a tasting. The cab waited for us and charged us $10 as I remember. Total including a tip for the cabbie was $30.

Later trips we have used the city bus to get down to the market area. Round trip is about a buck.

Mazatlan we've used both the cabs and the pulmonias. Mazatlan is pretty spread out. Next time there (Sept 2009) we may try to negotiate a pulmonia for the day. Love to watch the cliff divers and visit the downtown shopping area.

Charlie

This is how I always do it. I have been several times and infact am going in November with folks who have never been. No need to go the expense of booking through the excursion desk.

I went with my daughter a year ago and she didn't feel like going out, so I just ventured out to the dock. I grabbed a couple of ladies I had seen at breakfast, asked if they wanted to join me and split the cost. They wanted to, but were tentative in making arrangements on their own.

I'm pretty comfortable in speaking with the taxi's and negotiating a good deal. I think we all paid about $15 each for 3 hours. We told him we wanted to see the regular spots and go to the tequila factory and some other places.......

I just make sure that if it's hot.......check to see that the air conditioning is working.........look at the tires, make sure they still have a bit of life. Make sure if it's a van, everyone has a view.......check for seatbelts. And make sure your driver seems friendly and animated, then he will be a good tourguide.

Archived