Is this weird????

srm54

Aunty Pat, I am jealous! I wish I was that organized! We pack a day or two in advance for a 2 week cruise and overpack! This is the first time overpacking will cost us as we have to fly. 15 day cruise and 3 of 5 are women and I don't think the guys are light packers! My DH and son throw everything in the bags in case they need the stuff just like the girls! What to do? Weed out what you think they won't wear, or pay the $50.00 extra bag fees and fume as I have to wash the same favorite clothes at the laundry every few days while other things remain unworn. I think I will start my packing list now for Christmas. I can mess up with the best and will surely forget something major. Don't know if I will have re-sort the kids' bags and face the fury if I remove something important...

Hi, Sheri and congrats on your T'giving cruise. Packing time-frames vary, but here's a detail on Google of many and varied lists for packing for cruises. Also, there's probably one on the Cruise Critic site, but I have not done a search.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_q=packing+list+for+cruise&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

I envy you folks who have spare closets or even spare rooms. I live in an apartment and don't have those luxuries. Since some of my travel is not on a cruise I have developed a master packing list on my computer which I'm always refining as new ideas or needs occur to me. A week or so before a trip I print out my master list and delete those items that I won't need (like a parka on a Caribbean cruise) and that becomes my packing list. A couple of days before the cruise I start packing my carry on bag with my meds etc. and, usually, the day before I leave I try on the cloths that I plan to take and pack them. In all my trips I only had one problem due to last minute packing. I couldn't find my tuxedo bow ties. It turned out that I overlooked them when I lent a suitcase to my daughter, so I had to rush out to buy one.

I have 7 weeks to go before my next cruise, and while I'm not packing yet, I've started the trying on process to see what fits, what goes with what etc. I'll hang those in a separate section in my closet. I've also started shopping for a few new things like gowns for formal nights.:D

We drive to the port, find a hotel with laundry and madly wash the clothes we used traveling and finish our packing about three hours before we embark. A sea day at first is good to allow for recovery.:rolleyes:

I found the lists for packing on the internet - even created one of my own. Still hasn't stopped me from gathering together everything (and I mean everything) I could possibly need on a cruise and putting them in the spare bedroom. (Good thing the kids are gone - they might accidently step on my stuff :eek: ).

How I wish I was so organized. I am the one up late the night before our flight. Once we arrive at our port city there is usually a trip to the drug store. But I do spend a lot of time dreaming about the cruise and what I am going to be doing on it. Now if I would devote a bit more energy to getting prepared.:rolleyes:

Don't feel so bad, I have a cruise room in another part of the house and I have my cruise rack for my cloths.

Now that's what I need...a cruise room....it would be my favorite room :)

I have a list that I keep adding to and modifying after each trip. About a month out I start piling things on a chair in the living room. As I think of things, or as I buy things, in the chair they go. I also start brining up shoes and shorts and bathing suits and I'm getting excited just talking about it! I dont actually start packing until a week before. I pack all my underwear, meds, toiletries, etc. The other stuff, which is the majority, dosent get packed until the morning I leave. Things just get too wrinkled. On the last trip I did try the large ziplock bags, 2.5 gallon I think. It worked great. We were on a bus trip and living out of our suitcase so we never unpacked. I was surprised how well things stayed. I had some wrinkles but nothing like I expected.

39 days to go and I am already putting together the clothes and items I will take on my cruise. :) I haven't started packing yet, although I pulled out the suitcases. I think I'm afraid I will forget something. How soon do other people start putting together their clothes for their cruise??

Sheri

.....so I guess you will not need to wear any of this stuff.......you are setting aside for your cruise in the next 39 days.....:)

I have mentally started putting outfits together. I can't set anything aside yet for a Dec. cruise, but am planning and shopping to fill in the holes. I bought 2 formal outfits today. I will probably have to buy 8 more as my DDs pilfer them and I have to replace as we have 4 formal nights and 3 ladies. I'm not sure what we have to recycle from last year. Single handedly, I'm saving the economy! Ouch!!!

....... How soon do other people start putting together their clothes for their cruise?? Sheri

I don't rush it myself..... I start the night before we leave. :D I already know the dress shoes and suit I'm taking. Just need to pick out the shirts and pants.....;)

[quote name='JLC@SD'].....so I guess you will not need to wear any of this stuff.......you are setting aside for your cruise in the next 39 days.....:)[/quote]
Oh, my gosh - maybe you're right and I have too many clothes???? :eek: Nah, you can never have to many clothes. :) If something I need is set aside I guess I'll just have to buy another one. That way I can say I am doing my part for the economy. That's it, I have to buy more to help the economy. :D

Archived