Help me pick my next cruise !!!!

cadmille

Please help me pick our next cruise. First a little bit about us, this cruise will be for our 30th wedding anniversary, My wife and I will both be 50 years old at the time of the cruise. Ok so here is what we had done so far, 4 cruises, 3 with NCL, 1 with Disney, we have been to Alaska, Mexican Rivera, Caribbean area and by then we will have completed a cruise to Hawaii. We have spent 6 weeks going from London to the tip of Italy and back to London, going to 13 different countries on the way (this was for our 10th anniversary), we have always cruised with a balcony or above (made the mistake of getting a balcony the first time, spoiled us.) was in a Penthouse suite last time, choose not to get one for the upcoming cruise (Hawaii) because of it being so port intensive, have had an AFT balcony on our last three cruises (Love the AFT of the ship), We have sailed on the Sun, Star and the Pride of America.

Ok that's what we have done so far, here is what we know so far about this next cruise, we would like to cruise sometime between September to November 2010, and it needs to be minimum of 14 days long, probably will need a Penthouse suite or above, I thought about a repositioning cruise through Panama or a B2B to somewhere.

I thought about getting all of your good ideas and then narrowing it down to the top four or five choices and then creating a poll and truly letting the great people of NCL Cruise Critic choose my next cruise.

Now it's up to YOU, help me pick my next cruise PLEASE.:confused:

We're looking to do the Panama Canal for our 40th ANN. in 2010 or a South America cruise. That would be our two choices, but only in an AB suite for anything longer than 14 days. DH likes spending time in the suite and we love the huge shower and seperate bedroom in an AB.

Congrats on your ann.:D

How about Australiaand New Zealand

Or South America visiting Chile, Uruguay, Peru, Ecquador, Costa Rica, Brazil....

or Asia visting Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, China and Korea

or the Panama Canal

My brother sailed from Sydney to Hawaii crossing the international dateline, several guests "lost" their birthdays when they crossed (ha ha)

you would see Australia, Bora Bora, French Polynesia, Tahiti, ....

Good luck with whichever you choose and have a happy anniversary!!!!!!

It's hard to gauge your budget.

Perhaps Australia, Tahiti, or a Far East (China, Japan, VietNam) cruise -- something special and memorable for such a special celebration. Better book it soon to get the cabin you prefer.

Nancy

How did cabin size come into play? I thought they were asking for itinerary recommendations, not accomodations.

If you read the OP they talk about balconies, penthouses and aft ect. I was just giving MO on what we would do with a suggested cruise---it was part of the topic!!

We flew to Sydney, stayed a few days, boarded the ship, cruised from Sydney to New Zealand, it was 14 days, stayed in New Zealand two days, and flew home from there. Best cruise ever!!!!!! Worthy of a special anniversary. I forget the ship, but I think it was the Wind.

I'm for Tahiti, the south pacific would be so amazing and romantic .

It's hard to gauge your budget.

Perhaps Australia, Tahiti, or a Far East (China, Japan, VietNam) cruise -- something special and memorable for such a special celebration. Better book it soon to get the cabin you prefer.

Nancy

Ship: Insignia Sailing Date: August 09, 2009

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Barcelona, Spain 8:00PM

2 Cruising the Mediterranean Sea

3 La Goulette, Tunisia 8:00AM 4:00PM

4 Valletta, Malta 8:00AM 6:00PM

5 Cruising the Mediterranean Sea

6 Aghios Nikolaos (Crete), Greece 8:00AM 2:00PM

7 Alexandria, Egypt 12:00PM 7:00PM

8 Cairo (Port Said), Egypt 6:00AM 8:00PM

9 Haifa, Israel 8:00AM

10 Haifa, Israel 8:00PM

11 Limassol, Cyprus 8:00AM 6:00PM

12 Cruising the Mediterranean Sea

13 Kusadasi, Turkey 8:00AM 2:00PM

14 Istanbul, Turkey 12:00PM

15 Istanbul, Turkey

With Free air and 2nd passenger free, Oceania has some great bargains.

My vote goes to South America. NCL offers some great air/cruise inclusive rates from time to time. I would go with this over the canal cruise because you have probably been to some of those ports given your past cruises. I loved South America and one time is not enough to experience in a life time!

I too vote South America . And if there still doing this itinary. In an AC aft ......Mmmmmmm

19-Day Voyage to South America San Francisco to Santiago

Details and Availability Ship: Norwegian Sun

Embarkation Port: San Francisco

Ports of call: San Francisco; Mazatlan; Acapulco; Puerto Quetzal; Puntarenas; Manta; Lima (Callao); Arica; Coquimbo; Santiago (Valparaiso)

2009: *Nov 3

Cruise Fares From:

Inside - $899 Oceanview - $1,049 Balcony - $1,499 Suite - $2,299

Available Promotions:

Book now! Best available upgrade promotion

In reading the OP, I'd say they are interested in NCL cruises. (Nice thoughts, though!).

I would prefer NCL but with the BOA card going away I am open to any cruise line, and I won't say money isn't a concern but I want to have a cruise to top all of our past or future cruises... I though about an around the world cruise but there is a limit to the time I can get off of work so it probably needs to be less then 21 days.

Thank you all so much for ALL the great ideas, keep them coming.:D

While booking now has some advantages, if you have your decision made by the time of your Hawaii cruise, you would get an Onboad Credit for your Hawaii cruise by booking the cruise while onboard.

Just a thought...

Nancy

Of course there are many possibilites but my top suggestions for the months of Sept, Oct or Nov are:

1. Russia and Scandinavia (Sept)

2. South America (Buenos Aires) November is a little early but there may be some options

3. New England / Canada (Oct) to see the Quebec City and the fall foliage

4. Transatlantic (Nov) that visits several ports prior to crossing the Atlantic.

These are all very different. It just depends on what your interests may be and how long you are willing to travel to get to the embarkation port.

Archived