calculation error on carnival's website?

batman1975

Hi Everyone....

I was looking at Carnival's website interior stateroom on the Carnival Freedom. After selecting a 4A (with a past passenger rate), and including airfare, the website listed the price to upgrade to a suite stateroom for $76.38 / day / person.

That seems like a really good deal to me (if you had that money to begin with!). A interior 4A is listed as $1498.00 (double occupancy). The room price after the upgrade charge would be around $2700 (double occupancy).

If I go back and choose a low suite, the room price alone is $3,858 (double occupancy).

That's a savings of over $1000!

If I had that extra $1200, I would be booking a suite for sure!

Maybe they have a sale on?

I am questioning the tax amount on our cruise. We booked the cruise for 849.00 each. Got the UBC because the cruise went down to 699.00 per person and yet the tax never changed. I realize the tax includes port tax and such but isn't there sales tax that would have been lowered by the price change?

I am questioning the tax amount on our cruise. We booked the cruise for 849.00 each. Got the UBC because the cruise went down to 699.00 per person and yet the tax never changed. I realize the tax includes port tax and such but isn't there sales tax that would have been lowered by the price change?

the tax is not sales tax, its a flat rate tax, it stays the same no matter if you have a inside cabin or a balcony.

Yes, you are correct, the tax stays the same.

Archived