How many swimsuits do you bring for DC?

. . . by "DC" do you mean darling children? That one kind of threw me off! If that is the case, I usually bring 3 or 4 swimsuits each (they are small for packing!). It is what they spend most of their days in, plus you have to account for when they are wet.

They are easy to rinse out in the bathroom sink, though.

2 bathing suits for each child, one rashguard for each child and one pair of well treaded flip flops or sandals.

Each girl gets one sundress as a coverup and the boy gets a t-shirt so we can go into Windgammer and roam the inside of the ship, ie The Promenade...

callie

I packed two suits each for my daughter and myself on our last cruise, thinking that one would often be wet and we would want a dry one to put on, but neither of us used the 'spares'. We just found ourselves doing so many other things that our suits always had time to dry. I'll still be packing the same way in January, though... for the space it takes to pack a swimsuit, better safe than sorry!! For coverups, I always just throw in a couple of sarongs and we're good to go. One of them is always dry as well. :)

On our last cruise, I dressed my girls in a rashguard outfit each morning (comes with "boy shorts"). Because it looks like a shirt and shorts, we could go to the dining room for breakfast and prowl the ship in it with no problem, then wear it to the pool with no cover up necessary. It dries so fast hanging in the shower stall that, like previous posters, we never ended up using any of our "back-up" bathing suits. Best thing is the girls got no color at all after a week in the sun by using the combo of sunscreen and rash guards.

Best,

Mia

Basically it's a swim t-shirt (like surfers wear) - usually it's made with sun-safe fabric. They used to only be found at specialty stores and were pretty expensive, but this summer Target had really cute outfits for half the price of the Right Start, etc. We also got a bunch on sale at Macy's for next year.

Best,

Mia

Archived