Sail & Sign bill breakdown after you leave the ship??

red1der1

Can you get a breakdown of the charges on your sail & sign card after you left the ship from somewhere? I got my statement the last morning and when I just checked my credit card account, I was charged 70.00 more than my last statement and I did not purchase/charge anything after 5 pm the day before. I was wondering if I could get a new breakdown of the charges on my account from someone at Carnival. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so who would I contact??

Can you get a breakdown of the charges on your sail & sign card after you left the ship from somewhere? I got my statement the last morning and when I just checked my credit card account, I was charged 70.00 more than my last statement and I did not purchase/charge anything after 5 pm the day before. I was wondering if I could get a new breakdown of the charges on my account from someone at Carnival. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so who would I contact??

Dispute the charges with the CC company. Supply them with a copy of what you received. Then it will be up to Carnival to show where the difference is.

Credit card companies always suggest you contact Carnival first. A chargeback causes a retailer a fee even if they did the charge correctly - they are billed a chargeback fee anywhere between $25-35. Submitting unnecessary chargebacks is just causing more expenes on Carnival's end that they will need to recoup.

I know I had charges on my last cruise from some of the little booth's (think tattoo etc, buying a dvd from a comedien) the charges hadn't actually been entered in the computer when bought but rather a paper bill written up and was manually entered later on. When I had gotten my final bill those charges weren't on it yet, but did get added. Also $70 seems strangely like a tip for one person for a 7 day cruise. Was it possible on the copy you had that you were missing the charge or did you prepay it?

Credit card companies always suggest you contact Carnival first. A chargeback causes a retailer a fee even if they did the charge correctly - they are billed a chargeback fee anywhere between $25-35. Submitting unnecessary chargebacks is just causing more expenes on Carnival's end that they will need to recoup. ?

My least concern would be a charge back to CCL..... if the OP did not make any charges as stated, then the heck with worrying about CCL getting burnt if they were in error ! :eek:

It's not gratuities cause we were 3 people on a 3 day cruise so the fee would have been 90.00. And besides, this was a free trip I won from Carnival that included gratuities for the 1st 2 people and when I paid for the 3rd, I prepaid that gratuity as well. I didn't do any of the carts like the tattoos or anything so that is out as well. The other 2 people were 2 18yo's who were with me pretty much the whole time.

Archived