Anyone Received the Fuel Surcharge Refund?

Travelingsisters

Ruth, I was wondering why only 1/2 and did ask why. My Internet TA said thats what HAL told him today and I could call Monday to ask. I called HAL today and found out that it wasn't true. So I called my TA back and he told me that he spoke with someone at Holland that gave him incorrect information. He appologized for this and now I will most likely get nothing.:(

That doesn't make much sense, either.

Either you booked, and were charged the fuel surcharge, before the cut-off date---in which case you should have gotten a full refund. Or you booked after the cut-off date, and the fuel charge was correct.

But you are entitled to an explanation that makes sense.

That doesn't make much sense, either.

Either you booked, and were charged the fuel surcharge, before the cut-off date---in which case you should have gotten a full refund. Or you booked after the cut-off date, and the fuel charge was correct.

But you are entitled to an explanation that makes sense.

This is for our upcoming Nov cruise. We booked the cruise in Sept. I guess after the cut off date. I was talking to the TA about other things and mentioned the fuel surcharge and he told me incorrectly that I would be getting 1/2 of it back. I thought maybe he may know something that I didn't.

This is for our upcoming Nov cruise. We booked the cruise in Sept. I guess after the cut off date. I was talking to the TA about other things and mentioned the fuel surcharge and he told me incorrectly that I would be getting 1/2 of it back. I thought maybe he may know something that I didn't.

Did you book in Sept 2008 or Sept 2007 ? If it was 2007 you are overdue a refund.

Did you book in Sept 2008 or Sept 2007 ? If it was 2007 you are overdue a refund.

If 2008, it all makes sense now. No, there wouldn't be a refund due in that case. :(

Archived