Cheap December Cruises

FLCruiser001

This will be my 3rd consecutive year of cruising in mid-December and I'm also booked for 12/14/09.

Prior to my upcoming cruise, there were no price drops (on Elation or Miracle), but I did get 2 category PG upgrades with those bookings.

The price on next year's Miracle is quite high. Plus, when I booked that aft cabin, it was classified an 8C. Now it's an 8I, so the price will really have to drop for me to get a reduction.

Of course, if I hadn't been willing to pay the price I booked at, I wouldn't have booked it! I figure I'm just happy to get that aft balcony with 4 sea days! Rare for me, but I think it's worth it on this particular cruise.

I'll be happy if the fuel surcharge goes away. That will just about cover the autotips.

I love sailing at this time of year. Not packed with kids because most aren't out of school yet. It can be cool when you sail or it can be pretty hot. The water is cooler but not so cold that we didnt' go swimming at Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, and St Thomas.

Nothing like sitting on the beach at Half Moon Cay, or strolling the streets of Old San Juan and realizing it's the first day of winter. :D

Oh, and if your timing is just right, you get home just in time to get a few extra days off for the Holidays.

If only I lived in Florida! But could I cruise so much more frequently!!!!

It is one of the advantages :) That and gorgeous beaches, Disney World Florida residents's discounts, and, although it gets cold, it rarely freezes, and only snows once in a blue moon in the panhandle,,,,I suggest further south than the Panhandle, myself :) Oh, no income taxes either, is a nice perk,,,

DH figured out that what we save in income taxes, should pay for 2 cruises a year,,,,,so tell me why we haven't gone on 2 cruises a year since we moved here? :p Holly

I live in San Diego and I just booked the Elation to Baja for December 8th. They have a resident discount which is cheaper than the past cruiser discount. I paid $289 each for 2 people, inside cabin gaurantee, for 5 nights. And I'm only 5 mins away from the port so no flying. You can't beat it.

I live in San Diego and I just booked the Elation to Baja for December 8th. They have a resident discount which is cheaper than the past cruiser discount. I paid $289 each for 2 people, inside cabin gaurantee, for 5 nights. And I'm only 5 mins away from the port so no flying. You can't beat it.

no, you certainly can not beat that :) Have a blast :) Holly

Greetings. I've not really tracked cruise prices in the past, but notice several lines offering "Bargain Basement" prices this December (for at least some cruises). Is this the norm for December? Thanks.

We have sailed the second week of Dec. the last 3 years and no these prices are not normal. While they are cheaper during these weeks, this year they are incredibly cheap........

Cruise lines are being affected by the economy just like any other business.......

This is the first time I have ever seen resident rates being offered in Calif. in all the years I have been sailing.......

We have sailed the second week of Dec. the last 3 years and no these prices are not normal. While they are cheaper during these weeks, this year they are incredibly cheap........

Cruise lines are being affected by the economy just like any other business.......

That's what I figure,,,,it leads to a host of problems in the long run though,,,I mean, if cruise lines aren't making the revenue, they can't afford the same quality of service, and frankly, I'm thinking that is what might be going on with some of the complaints of service (on all lines) that I've been hearing about lately,,,

also,,,,if they don't make good profits, they don't refurbish ships, etc,,,

Holly

I am sooooo jealous!!! But seriously enjoy your cruise!!!!!

Archived