Princess refund ~ VERY IMPRESSED ~ SO QUICK ~

S&D

Hi all,

well, the ongoing saga continues, as you know we had to cancel the Diamond in Feb due to a rather dismal $$ exchange rate...we had booked thru the USA, so obviously we had to cancel when the $ got down to around the 60 cent mark, it was going to cost an arm and a leg..:eek:

Good news is that Princess USA have sent us a full refund ~ only 3 days after we cancelled, so we are SOOO impressed, how is that for service..:) :) ..needless to say we are very happy about that and had the good fortune to still be able to re book our cruise thru our local TA here, so all is well.

Hope this may help others in a similar situation....

Happy cruising everyone..

S&D

0019-0402-0403-0506_TN.jpg.35e3aefc018be626e7d39cc92158198e.jpg

Well, Geoff ~ ... we were hopeful, and yes, it went our way WOO HOO....

....we had paid IN FULL>>> $4100 Aus, and got $6200 Aus back.....makes a change from the other way round for once??...but then we have re booked here and that has taken up most of that, still.. no matter ...we are very happy still to be going on the Diamond as planned with our friends.

Wishing you luck if you do the same...the $ has slipped another 3 cents since then, so there may be more coming your way!!

best wishes as always..

S&D

0037-0707-0920-3004_TN.jpg.2721a1d4fb1586547e2e731c05935c99.jpg

Hi Sandra,

It's great that things worked out for you and Dave. It is good that someone is having a win at the moment! My jaw hit the floor last night when I saw the rate at .619 :eek: I was hoping we had seen the worst of it, but now I'm not so sure. I am very, very pleased for you guys - it will be a great cruise with your friends.

Hi Susie,

yes, thanks for that, we use the oz forex site and it tells the $$ each hour or so..wonderful tool..!!..it is showing 61.3 at the moment.

http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/convert.asp

Nice to think we actually came out in front for a change...NOT like the Celebrity cruise that has been cancelled by them for next year...we are STILL waiting for a refund a MONTH later for our deposit...them's the breaks I suppose.....

Hope to see you again soon....

S&D

xxxx:)

055_o1.gif.ab672192e90df117b7e22ae7a63b9bdd.gif

Hi Sandra and Dave, great that the refund came so quickly.

Just a curiosity question?

Why did you refund the cruise then book it here in Australia if you had paid in full in the US?

I am having issues with our next cruise, we have not paid in full

(US dollars) so I am interested in this whole senario.

Linda

Hi Linda,

We are travelling with close friends, and they had NOT paid for theirs...and their price was up to about double for them in NZ $$.

We had all booked at 95 cents to the US $. Payment was nearly due - and the dollar was down to about 58 cents NZ for them.

We decided to cancel and re book to keep the 2 bookings together, just made it easier to organize really, but it has all turned out ok in the end, we are re booked in similar cabins on the same deck, so that's good.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people cancelling and juggling bookings due to this $$$ situation!!!!:rolleyes:

S&D

0104-0510-1514-4355_TN.jpg.210e7c3eb24a5dd46d5bf851dae592d0.jpg

Archived