Hair Straightener

prong

My wife would like to Know if she is allowed to take here hair straightener on board with her. Please tell me it's OK. Can you imagine what it would be like sharing a cabin with 3 girls and no hair straightener :eek:

Yes, she most certainly can take her hair straightener with her :)

If she's at all like me she'd kill anyone who tried to stop her LOL! :p :D ;)

Thank God for that, Looks like I'll come home alive:D

Just have to add about GHD Straighteners.....I own a Salon and we sell huge amounts of them, one really great feature that all you cruisers that can't live without your ghd may not know......is that the latest model is dual voltage, which means all you need is the plug to change the prongs and you can use either power sorce without power converters .....Fantastic, also they have just released a travel hairdryer that is also dual voltage, got mine ready to pack for our Diamond Princess cruise in January!!!!

Just have to add about GHD Straighteners.....I own a Salon and we sell huge amounts of them, one really great feature that all you cruisers that can't live without your ghd may not know......is that the latest model is dual voltage, which means all you need is the plug to change the prongs and you can use either power sorce without power converters .....Fantastic, also they have just released a travel hairdryer that is also dual voltage, got mine ready to pack for our Diamond Princess cruise in January!!!!

thnx for tip! Santa is getting me ghd for christmas!

I am a hairdresser too, and GHD's are great!! they curl and straighten and heat up really quick!! I pack them in my carry on, as for $300 I dont want it getting damaged.

Lucky Andy doesnt read CC, he doesnt know how expensive they are:p

When I bought mine, the hairdresser said a lady that bought some before me asked the haidresser to take it out of the box, so she could just replace the ones she had at home and her hubby wouldnt question it or find the box:eek: :p

Chez

xx

That's funny Chez :D Cheeky lady not telling Andy what they're worth!

I was lucky enough to convince MrMinx to get me one of the white ones for my birthday :) I don't think Santa will be as generous for me this year though, having spent a mint on the birthday LOL :) ;)

Technically Im not sure if you're allowed to take a hair straightener or hairdryer. We were a cabin of three women on the New Years Cruise in Dec/January onboard Pacific Dawn and were told that hairstraightener and hairdryer was not allowed so we didnt pack them incase they were confiscated. But when we got onboard, all the guys had taken theirs onboard (guys have barely any hair...why do they need a hairstraightener?!?!?). So we ended up borrowing theirs.

A hairdryer is provided in the rooms, but it is not the best. I find that it dried out my hair. Not to mention I accidently blew ours up in our room, so went to borrow the one in my friends room and blew that one up too!

So on my cruise a few months later onboard Pacific Dawn, I packed my hairdryer and hairstraightner and was fine. I'm not sure though what happens with your appliances if you are caught by P&O staff.

Maybe best to give P&O a call to check their regulations...

Happy Cruising :)

Archived