B2B on different X ships

65Cardinal

We are doing a very "different" B2B in March '05. After a 7 day on the Milllennium we are moving over to the Infinity for a 14 Panama Canal cruise.

Our TA says her Celebrity contact can't even link the two reservations together.

Has anyone done something similar? How did Celebrity help in the transfer? Any hints/suggestions?

I am thinking the same type of arrangment. We are going on the Summit to Hawaii in 06 RT LA. (Feb) and I want to connect with the Mercury out of San Diego. I emailed the Captain's Club about a transfer from LA to San Diego. They said that the B2B dept. would handle that type of reservation, and that details are not in place as yet. I am going to wait until we sail on the Summit this Feb. and book, and will ask the rep on the ship about all of this. The Mercury leaves one day after we dock in LA, so there is plenty of time for a transfer. Possibly, if there are more B2B'ers on the Summit X may have a van transfer. Hope someone else can give us info.

Grace

I am not sure I can help but we are in a similar situation. We are on Millenium 13th March and then joining the Summit on the 21 March. One day in between but both leaving from the FL. I think I am right in saying we have transfers included (Airport - hotel, hotel - Millie, Millie - hotel, hotel - Summit and then Summit - airport).

Celeb did charge us separately for both cruises and there are separate reservations for each. As mentioned before these are not strictly B2B in the normal sense of staying on the same ship for a different Itin so each will probably be treated by Celeb as different cruises.

What date is your your Millie departure?

We were on an actual b2b, same ship same cabin, and got 2 sets of documents. The res system looks at them as 2 cruises. I would assume you are on your own between the 2 different ships~~don't count on Celebrity helping you to move your luggage from one ship to the other the same way they help move your things from one cabin to another on the same ship if you have to change cabins. Our cabin steward didn't even know we were b2b until we told him!

We did not do it on "X", but did on Princess. As it was two different ships, it was like taking two completely separate cruises. We packed, completely settled shipboard accounts, chose to be in the LAST group disembarking, took our time and just about everyone was gone by the time we collected our luggage, and he with our luggage and us walked over to the other ship. As there were not passengers after us needing a porter, he was quite accomodating. I think if you get off (the first sailing) in the frenzy of everyone esle, a porter might not be as willing to deliver you and luggage to the next ship.

Thanks for the insights. I am aware it is not a traditional B2B but was hopeful X would at least recognize the situation and do something a little extra. Time will tell.

We depart on March 6 on the Millie & the 13th on Infinity. We are travelling with good friends on the Millie who have never been on a cruise. This will be a good introduction to quality cruising for them.

Archived