changing cruise because of pregnancy

aelittleb

so we just found out that im pregnant :) and we are booked on a cruise for mar 7, 2009. i will be in my 22nd week so technicalli i can still go but we are thinking of trying to move the cruise to feb. we do have trip insurance but what happens to my deposit and all that good stuff? we are paid in full now but the final payment date in dec 21. we are going to try to do th same cruise, same category and everything but just a little earlier. any thoughts? thanks and happy monday!!

so we just found out that im pregnant :) and we are booked on a cruise for mar 7, 2009. i will be in my 22nd week so technicalli i can still go but we are thinking of trying to move the cruise to feb. we do have trip insurance but what happens to my deposit and all that good stuff? we are paid in full now but the final payment date in dec 21. we are going to try to do th same cruise, same category and everything but just a little earlier. any thoughts? thanks and happy monday!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I would call NCL and explain yourgood fortune. (or your TA if booked through them) and see what they can do. I would hope they would move you to an earlier crusie and keep all your good stuff. They need the business!

With your final payment date being a way off, you should be able to change or cancel with no problems. I suppose technically it should be a cancel and rebook but really is no diff unless the earlier cruise costs more. Most insurance companies will allow you to move the coverage so get ahold of your TA or NCL and your trip insurance supplier.

all set. we were able to move the cruise ahead to feb 21. same rate and all so nothing changes but the date. that was a lot easier than i was expecting!

HEY! You are expeciting!:D Glad it worked out for you.

As long as final payment isn't due til DEc, regardless of whether you have paid in full or not you can change your reservation with no penalties. The only consern you may want to consider is price..One sailing might be higher than the other, of course if Feb is less you will get a refund on your CC. I would guess they will be the same or feb is less.

Nita

Congrats on your pregnancy! I acutally just got off the Pearl and I was 22 weeks pregnant when we sailed. We booked this trip AFTER I got pregnant, as our last long romantic vacation for a long long time! I felt great the whole trip, and the 2nd trimester is def. the best time to travel. You should be in good shape in Feb. and you'll have a great time. I did miss drinking alcohol but I loved having so many food options!

Things to note:

- The spa can do a pregnancy massage (you have to lay on your side) so be sure to book one and tell them you are pregnant. My message was fantastic, and it helped with my swollen feet/ankles after our flight. I also got a facial which was awesome. Again always tell them you are pregnant in advance.

- You can't use many of the spa facilities so don't bother getting the weekly spa pass for $75 (sauna, jaccuzi, etc. raise your body tempature which is a no-no). But I did lay on the thermo loungers for a while before my spa treatments and read a book.... they are sooooo relaxing, and don't heat you up too much.

- At the pool bar (and other bars) ask for the tooty-fruity smoothy with no alcohol. It's one of the few drinks made with real fruit and it's soooo good! My fav drink on the boat. I would have gotten more but they are $6 each because it has to come in a souvenier glass (kind of silly).

- Be sure to get a note from your doctor to bring with you, stating how many weeks you are on the first and last day of the cruise and that you are cleared for travel. I had one, but no one ever asked for it (and I'm totally showing). But you should def. have one with you!

- You may want to check your health insurance on your coverage out of the states and what happens if there's a real emergency (god forbid). We had some medical coverage through our travel insurance too, but it was good for me to know what my own health insurance did and didn't cover before we left.

Let me know if you have any questions! You'll have much a great time!

You might want to get a Teen Pasport card -- my teen loves the smoothies the bartenders mix up and virgin sunrises. You get 20 drinks for $34.50 with the card -- a great deal! :D

My first cruise (15 yrs ago) was when I was pregnant with my DD. We had a great time on the Dreamward. I slept better on the ship than I had for weeks; I didn't want to leave.

Have a fabulous trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey AELITTLEB! We may be going on the same cruise as you....we're deciding right now! If so, I will be ~21 weeks along at that point in time. Any reason you didn't want to travel at week 22? This whole thing is new to me.....so, I'm just curious!

Congrats!

hi daboilerz!!!! YIPPEEEEE we can be preggo together on the boat :)

theres no particular reason i didnt want to go at 22 wks, it was the hubby that really wanted to push it back. now im glad we did!

make sure you join our rollcall!!!

Archived