Wyndham Miami Beach?

MelAnnDoll

Have not stayed there, but I'm a local and attended a conference there. It's about 30 blocks north of the "south beach area" so about a 15 minute drive with the normal beach traffic. Nothing to eat or do really within walking distance.It's on the actual beach, not across the street so that's a plus. It's a very old building that's been redone on the inside. The old gold glitzy ceiling is still there, reminds you of a movie from the 40's! On the lower level, below the front desk is a tiny cafe. They sell affordable sandwiches, coffee and pastries, soft drinks also. They are not open all day, close at about 3pm if I remember correctly. Also on that level is a surprisingly large gift shop, again pretty affordable. They sell snacks, drinks and the usual tourist items. Across the street is the intracoastal waterway where they do have some signs up advertising boat rentals and water sports. I have not used these services, have just seen the signs. If you'll have a car, please post, then I'll give you some ideas on what to do.

Pennstategal

unfortunately we will not have a car. I wonder if it would be worth renting one? I know while looking at the wyndham website they list a lot of things you can do through them and then they include the transportaion...so we were thinking that would work for going places. is the private beach experience good enough, or for someone never being in miami before, would it be good to take a trip to south beach for the experience? thank you for your help! i was beginning to think no one has stayed here before:)

We stayed there in September. Very nice hotel we really enjoyed the beach. If you stay there make sure you sign up for the Wyndham by Request program. You receive free drinks and snacks, maybe a room upgrade and a few other benefits.

• 2 months later...

Just booked through priceline and got the room for under $80 plus tax but there is a resort fee I'll have to pay yet. Just found that out online and thought you'd want to know ahead of time too.

Plazo thanks for the heads up to sign up for Wyndham Request program, I just did that and connected it to my reservation for next month. Looking forward to a couple Budlights waiting for me when I arrive!

Biddingfortravel says Wyndham doesn't honor Request program on priceline bookings. Don't know if it is true, just passing the word. We also got a wyndham hotel on priceline for our tampa precruise stay in November. I registered for their request program for the heck of it. If they don't honor it with priceline bookings, oh well, guess we will find out. Happy Sailing!

I found that out too. I called the Wyndham today to make sure they really had my room reserved and they did. But after I registered with Wyndham on Request, quite thoroughly I might add!, they emailed back saying third party bookings are not honored with the Request program. Too bad...I was looking forward to a couple bottles of Budlight waiting for me upon arrival!

I still think it's a good deal and who knows? Some day I might go back to a Wyndham and it will be ALL ready for me.

Archived