Ultimate Snorkel in GT?

LindaMae

Ultimate Snorkel in GT has anyone done that on the Princess Excursions? :confused: Just wondering if the underwater stuff has been disturbed since the hurricane? We could just stay on the beach and not spend the money if the underwater stuff is no good.

Going out on 11/09--any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you

Linda

Just got back on sunday, We were ther on the Crown Princess.Both sites appear quite healthy. There is lots of fish and a large variety of fish. The second stop is a circular reef ( no where near the wall) and it is really something to see. We saw a large sting ray and a 4 foot baracuda. The boat we were on had actually wound up in the top of the mangrove trees. It was repaired beautifully. You couldn't tell and it ran great. The beaches looked ok but there has been alot of erosion since we were there last fall. The pool at Margaritaville is fine but the buildings still were damaged. The cabanas are all gone but the foundations look good. The island was restored with water and electricity the day before we arrived. The recovery will probaby go quicker now. The people there are great. Have a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning to book this excursion, but wondered about the method of getting in and out of the water. We have done some snorkeling excursions previously with steps into the water from a ramp.

Can you tell me how this was done? (dealing with a guy with a bit of a hip issue)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I am planning to book this excursion, but wondered about the method of getting in and out of the water. We have done some snorkeling excursions previously with steps into the water from a ramp.

Can you tell me how this was done? (dealing with a guy with a bit of a hip issue)

Thanks!

Just returned 12-07-08. We did The ultimate snorkel. there was a latter that extends into the water about2-3 foot . It was quite easy to use. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Its a ladder. Okay for someone without hip issues, but if he can't move his hips to get in a position to bring his feet up high enough to get up onto the ladder he may have a problem.

Archived