Are Calif Wines Expensive in FLL?

kelligirl

I live near Napa Valley, so purchasing quality wine nearby is easy and not overly expensive. Are decent Calif. wines readily available in FLL at reasonable prices (under $15/bottle)? Nothing too fancy, I just like my Calif. wines and don't want to travel cross country with them:eek: ! My sister thinks it might be too expensive to buy them in FLL so she is bringing many of her own bottles. Any help anyone has is greatly appreciated!

The last time we were in Fl the selection of wines is very limited. As a wine drinker from CA I would get a shipping box and bring my own wines. DH and I did that until the liquor rules changed. As Royal Caribbean cruisers we are not allowed to bring our own wine on board.

Total Wine in FLL also has excellent prices and selections, and you can order online and they will pack it up and have it ready for you the day of departure. There is one just off 17th St. almost directly across from the entrance to the piers. Just go to totalwine.com, and locate the 17th St store. Most pricing can be found online.

Cheers,

Such an interesting question. Many years ago I moved to Petaluma and became hooked on CA wines. On a trip back to my hometown Miami I new I would pay more but not have to carry wine with me. Low and behold the selection in Florida was terrible.

As others have said that is no longer the case. There are plenty to choose from and the price is very fair.

Let me give you a tip. Go online and see what wine is served on your ship. Buy some and take it to dinner onboard. They will assume it was a Bon Voyage gift and swap if for a cold bottle. Plus they will open it with no cork fee.

Happy sailing!

Archived