Glory Review 10/18/08

magictam

I was on the same cruise and, in spite of non-stop rain, we had fun. I have to agree with most of what you've said. It's always interesting to see how others experienced the same trip. My biggest food complaints were the lukewarm food, running out of food and COLD syrup. Put that on the tepid food and we really just picked at it. There was smoking all over the ship, which really surprised me. We never saw the drink person in the Golden dining room until the last night. The food was much better in the dining room than the buffets. Our waiters were great, but didn't remember what we had, even though it was water every night. Our room steward was great too. I spent a lot of time in my room doing homework, as there was no quiet place on the ship to sit and study, not even the library, so I got to see him almost every night.

I'm anxiously awaiting more!! We were on the 10/11 sailing (Eastern Caribbean) so it is interesting to read the next week's reviews with different ports. Thanks!

Hello kids!! Glad to see you made it home in one piece!

-------

Thanks for sharing your review!

We found we couldn’t help ourselves comparing Hal to Carnival. We found many things we like better on HAL but also many things we like with Carnival. .........Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Can you give me some specifics of the things you liked with Carnival?

I enjoyed your review. We will be on the Glory in January and it is interesting to find out the plus ad minus'. We have only sailed RCI and are looking forward to trying Carnival. Thanks for your time on this. Your pictures were a plus also.:)

Can you give me some specifics of the things you liked with Carnival?

I know this may sound strange, but I liked their drink glasses. On HAL the glasses in the lido and dining room are about 6 oz. I was always filling up 2 glasses for ice tea from the lido.

I think there were more waiters wondering the decks with drinks. Service was fast, but I have to say not so much when using the drink card.

The drink card is a plus. HAL only has a 20 punch card with a small glass.

I also enjoyed the spa personal. During my massage there was no sales pitch until after. I did agree to buy a product. It was a facial product. She showed me a tube of it. The next day when I went to use it, it was only a small bottle. I thought I bought a tube not a small bottle. My S&S card was credited with no problem.

I think Carnival has more evening entertainment scattered throughout the ship.

More shopping avenues:D.

Hi everyone! We were on the same cruise, in fact just a few cabins down. We actually had our wedding on the ship the day we left Canaveral! There were 12 of us sailing in our group! This was my sixth cruise with Carnival, and my second on the Glory. I had a few complaints since the last time we sailed on this ship. One being the amount of cigarette smoke! I have never noticed this much the amount that I could smell it... outside on the main decks, in the hallways, on our balcony, and even in our cabin! It was almost like we couldn't get away from it! Our cruise director Butch was... eh okay. Last time we had Wee Jimmy and he was awesome! And this time I did notice there were less choices on the Lido deck for drinks, I could have sworn they had fruit punch last time!

All and all it was a great trip and we are already planning our next one!

• 5 months later...

Archived