Pacific Dawn In melbourne

Melb06

Hey guys just wondering if any of u can tell me why Pd has turned around at station pier as when she docked in yesterday she docked str8 in and i just looked on her cam now and she is pointed out to the bay does anyone why she has turned around.

Hey guys just wondering if any of u can tell me why Pd has turned around at station pier as when she docked in yesterday she docked str8 in and i just looked on her cam now and she is pointed out to the bay does anyone why she has turned around.

It could be they have just turned the camera around? I know on the Princess ships the cams are turned around at night.

We were wondering the same thing. Another mystery Pacific Suns webcam shows her still in Noumea. Answers anyone?:rolleyes:

Just waiting to hear back from my daughter to see if they are still in Noumea or if the webcam is broken.

The cam on pd is not turned around as you can see the bow with the flag in front of it.

We went in to see her last night at about 6.30. She was front in. Maybe they turned around because of the very strong winds? It was bloody freezing, not a good advertisment for Melbourne and probably a reason why Melbourne will never get a cruise ship year round. Too damn cold in the middle of winter and even in November as per last night. I'm sure the decks would have been empty with all that wind.

She did look great, just a pity you can't get very close to have a good look.

Just waiting to hear back from my daughter to see if they are still in Noumea or if the webcam is broken.

Well, the time is correct on the cam which suggests that it is working so who knows??:confused:

Not sure why Pacific Dawn turned around, but she did it in the wee small hours - 5.50am she left, 6.15 she was back facing the other way. (According to the Port of Melbourne website).

It's either so she is facing the right way ready to head off, or, my theory is, it was to confuse people who went to bed on the wharf side and woke up on the sea side!:)

And I was wondering about Pacific Sun being still in Noumea too... :confused:

Not sure why Pacific Dawn turned around, but she did it in the wee small hours - 5.50am she left, 6.15 she was back facing the other way. (According to the Port of Melbourne website).

I wonder if any of the passenger having a big night in town got back to the ship at 6am to find her sailing out:eek:

Oh Don ,thats a shame you couldn't get up close to her, and have a really good look at her, Isn't the dock she at, accessible to the public? :confused:

Hi Marg,

We had a good look last November when we sailed on her. KA's mum hadn't seen her so we went to show her. Station Pier has been closed to the public for quite a while now, evidentaly it is to stop terrorists from blowing up the ships..:D. There is a really good viewing platform there that can only be used by passengers.

Archived