Alcohol on Dawn Princess

KiwiAnn

Hi everyone

I am confused about whether you can or can't take wine on board Dawn. I know the US book says you can, I phoned Princess Australia & they say you can't. Is there anyone out there who has been on the Dawn or Sun recently that knows for sure? If you can't smuggle it on on embarkation, what about at port stops?

Gee, anyone would think I was an alcoholic - hic! :p

Hi everyone

I am confused about whether you can or can't take wine on board Dawn. I know the US book says you can, I phoned Princess Australia & they say you can't. Is there anyone out there who has been on the Dawn or Sun recently that knows for sure? If you can't smuggle it on on embarkation, what about at port stops?

Gee, anyone would think I was an alcoholic - hic! :p

Each adult passenger can take on a bottle of wine/champers at each port. Many here have done exactly that, and it has been detailed in the daily patters onboard.

So princess has said no so does that mean that you can't take alcohol on from Sydney but you can from other ports on the journey? And is this only wine or can you take on spirits also?

Annette

The rules say only wine, but at times it seems that Sun Princess has been flexible with a few beers. Spirits and mixers would be a no-no.

Yes, a bottle for each adult in Sydney, then a bottle each of the following ports. This can be pretty well catered around a NZ or Australia cruise, but south Pacific ones will be pretty much limited to Vila and Noumea.

Another thing to remind, is that they allow this for cabin consumption. If you want to take carry on wine into the buffet or dining rooms a hefty corkage charge will apply ($22 per bottle - I think).

BYO Spirits a no no on Princess, if they find it they will confisicate it.

Bring wine on at embarkation and at every port, no problems. If you wish to bring a little lager back on, just check with security at the 'dinger' on leaving ship. I always say 'OK if I bring a 6 pack or two of beer back with me?' NEVER been knocked back, YET.

Archived