flight back home after cruise

kindercruiser

Can't answer your question about flight times, but for airfare pricing, have you tried Farecast dot com. Someone told me about them about a year ago. Great sight, will tell you if rates are expected to go up or down. Doesn't work for all airports though, just major ones.

IMHO though 10:40 sounds a little early, but if you did self de-bark, you could make it. If the ship is just a little bit late though, or there are delays with customs, you could be in trouble.

We're cruising on the Fascination on Feb.12 and I'm looking at the airfare and it is not good as far as pricing. Do you think I can make a 10:40am flight out of Jacksonville? What do you suggest?

I wouldn't take the chance on that flight UNLESS they have got the bugs worked out on debarkation from JAX now... We had a 12 noon flight and it was cutting it to close for our friends flying back home. Even still....there is not room for much if any delays in the ships arrival or clearing customs followed by going thru immigration, even if doing self debarkation. JMHO

I just got off the Miracle October 28th, and they did SUCH a good job getting all the VIP disembarkation people in one area, other numbers in other areas, etc. The ship passed customs very fast, and all was well... then suddenly, they had problems with the ramp thing. The ship was going to have to be moved, and it would have to go through customs AGAIN. There were some people by me who had a 10:30 flight, and they were very upset at the thought of missing the flight. As it turned out, the ship didn't have to move, but disembarkation was a nightmare. Sorry for the long story, but I would definitely think about NOT booking that early of a flight, because you never know what can happen! The woman next to me said, "But i CALLED Carnival and asked them if that flight was too early, and they told me it would be FINE!" Yep, maybe, but the person answering the phone is NOT at the pier, and doesn't know all the things that could delay people getting off the ship!:eek:

My sister, who is traveling with us and is staying in a suite so I guess that makes her VIP, has booked the early flight. I think she and her husband can get off the ship quickly because they are VIP, but my family and I are inside cabin guarantee, so we'll get off when they clear it for everyone else. My question is, has anyone ever missed a flight home? If so, how do you get home? Do you get placed on the next available flight and pay the difference? Just trying to picture how the worst case scenario would be played out.

Archived