Coles Cave

nerak

No...it's on land, you just have to get through some water sometimes swimming if the water is deep enough at the time. It's in/near Jack in the Box Gully where the ziplines are. You'll find it on the net searching coles cave barbados. I've found a couple of tours. RCI also offers an excursion.

No...it's on land, you just have to get through some water sometimes swimming if the water is deep enough at the time. It's in/near Jack in the Box Gully where the ziplines are. You'll find it on the net searching coles cave barbados. I've found a couple of tours. RCI also offers an excursion.

I go through Jack and the box gully all the time.. still no clue.. didn't know the Ziplines ran through that gully.. guess it's further up..

Coles Cave was known to Barbadians for decades

before the discovery of the Harrison's Caves complex by Ole Sorenson

in the 1970s.

If memory serves me right, Ole confirmed to me that he originally accessed Harrison's

via deep penetration of Coles

(Ole would go where angels fear to tread - he told me stories :eek: that would curl your hair!)

Unless you are an experienced speleologist, I would not recommend you attempt Coles Cave.

It remains entirely un-developed, and can be dangerous.

The first 50 yds. is full of bat droppings with the 'air' in there very hard to breathe.

Do Harrison's instead. Seriously

Thanks aplmac! My daughter saw it as an excursion on RCI's website. They must do a very toned down area to even be offering it from what you have said. Needless to say, we won't be doing it.

Okay, since you are in Barbados, what would you recommend? We have been there 4 times, with 5th coming up. We have swam with turtles, beach and snorkled sunken barge; island tour to overlook Bathsheba, saw rocks painted like animals, saw the white lion, hospital, university and everything pretty much between there; snorkled with the ONE turtle on the last trip; and have been to the boatyard. We're mother daughter...51/23...and will do most anything except sit in a vehicle for long periods. :) Also, any suggestion on who to contact?

Archived