12 days of Christmas

cruizinonup

Anyone book through this sale, and do they definitely run it every year? I plan on booking a cruise on the Fantasy for me, my DH and 2 DD for January and am watching the price and hoping it will go down. Just wondering if that is a possibility with the 12 days sale or is that too cheap of a cruise to even be included in the sale?

They DID run it the last two years, however, last year they might as well not have bothered. The specials you had to call in at 2 pm were thousands and thousands jamming the lines and the chances of you getting one of the 5 cabins at great prices were very very slim.

The other specials, none ever applied to anything that I could use. bah humbug on last year's sale. The day after I couldnt get in, I booked full price on the Conquest for what is now the Crazies CC date. Had to cheer myself up.

I agree with both Firefly and OhioJeff. I got a steal of a deal on a cat. 11 suite in the 2006 sale. Last year, I watched the sale closely, with the anticipation of nabbing another great deal. Unfortunately, there were no bargains to be found in 2007's disappointing "sale". However, with today's economy, I expect to find some irresistible deals in the 2008 12 Days of Christmas sale. (But I could be wrong!!)

One interesting "rule" of this particular sale is that your PVP can't help you book the "first 5 callers" deals. You have to call the standard Carnival number for that one. Or at least that's what I was told last year.

They DID run it the last two years, however, last year they might as well not have bothered. The specials you had to call in at 2 pm were thousands and thousands jamming the lines and the chances of you getting one of the 5 cabins at great prices were very very slim.

The other specials, none ever applied to anything that I could use. bah humbug on last year's sale. The day after I couldnt get in, I booked full price on the Conquest for what is now the Crazies CC date. Had to cheer myself up.

Forgive me for not knowing, but what is the 12 days of Christmas sale? Is it on the Carnival website?

Archived