Samana ship excursions

jajsmom

Less than two weeks to go! Now trying to decide between the Caya Levantado Beach Escape Plus, or the Bike, Hike, and Kayak Adventure.

Has anyone done these through a ship excursion (or own your own)? What did you like and/or dislike? Tell me whatever you can about them. Thanks.

read the reviews, for instance, of NCL Dawn last year at this time through February and you will find some positive info. The people posting right now are, like you, new to Samana info, and therefore we have to look back to people who may not still be using this board.

Less than two weeks to go! Now trying to decide between the Caya Levantado Beach Escape Plus, or the Bike, Hike, and Kayak Adventure.

Has anyone done these through a ship excursion (or own your own)? What did you like and/or dislike? Tell me whatever you can about them. Thanks.

We went to Cayo Levantado last week. We caught an open air taxi type boat directly from our ship. The island is beautiful, the beach terrific and there were plenty of lounge chairs in the shade. DH is a stronger swimmer than I am so was able to go snorkeling farther from the shore to see more interesting fish. I was happy snorkeling in shallower water as there was a nice assortment of fish and some sea shells. On the way back to the ship my DH commented that he enjoyed his day the most of any beach trip we've taken. We did not do the Plus part as we had our own snorkel gear.

We went to Cayo Levantado last week. We caught an open air taxi type boat directly from our ship. The island is beautiful, the beach terrific and there were plenty of lounge chairs in the shade. DH is a stronger swimmer than I am so was able to go snorkeling farther from the shore to see more interesting fish. I was happy snorkeling in shallower water as there was a nice assortment of fish and some sea shells. On the way back to the ship my DH commented that he enjoyed his day the most of any beach trip we've taken. We did not do the Plus part as we had our own snorkel gear.

Was this an excursion through the ship or not? If not how much was the taxi ride? how long was it? Could kids swim easily at this beach? Was there any food/ drinks available?

Thanks

Archived