Coral Breeze Shark Ray Alley tour, Dec 10, 2008

ddakrt

Hi guys, we are in port on Dec 10 and are looking to do the Shark Ray Alley and Coral Gardens snorkel.

I have picked out 2 reputable tour operators (Eco Tours and Coral Breeze) that have their own boat (no water taxis for us, don't want to deal with the wait and hassel). Unfortunately Eco Tours is not doing this tour on Dec 10, so that leaves us with Corel Breeze.

Mark told me that in order for them to justify the tour they will need 8 guests. They have 2 signed up for now and we are a family of 4, there is one other CC member that said he will go on the tour, this leaves us with 1 less person.

Would anyone like to join this tour with Coral Breeze with us? If we book a group of 6 or more we will get 10% of the tour price as well (we again need 1 more to get this discount), any saving can't be bad right? :D

Anyway please let me know via PM or just reply to this thread. Thanks in advanced!

Kris

Hi we also wanted to do this tour with Eco but we are on the 14 December sailing and they too replied that they are not doing this tour on this date. I haven't contacted Coral breeze yet as I'm now not sure whether we should just wait until we get to Belize, but maybe we should book otherwise they may not run the tour. Hope it works out for you

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Shark ray alley and stingray alley are near the same place by the reef but the sharks are not there anymore either they were handled to much people would actually pick them up or someone had them for lunch either way you will not see sharks but lots of stingrays.

We also did the shark ray alley tour and it was a nice experience for my family. We had to wait on the dock for them to try to sell more tours to fill up the boat. We ended up with about 20 people. We saw a ton of stingrays but no sharks. We did see a barracuda. The snorkeling was okay - nothing really memorable. The only thing I did not like was the boat ride out there. It's a good 50-60 minute boat ride from the pier to the snorkel spot. We went in December and it was overcast and began to rain on the way back to the pier. We were absolutely FREEZING! I'm glad we went but wouldn't do it again just because of the long ride to get there. Good luck!!

• 4 weeks later...

Were you able to go snorkeling in Belize? We are going end of January and have been searching for the best option (book through Carnival or Coral Breezes, and where is the best spot for snorkeling). We are looking for a smaller group, the cruise's description of 65 foot catamaran sounds like lots of people snorkeling ontop of each other!

I would appreciate any feedback you have from your snorkel experience!

Archived