Para sailing & jet boat ride

prong

I was wondering if I should book para sailing and jet boat rides with P&O before we go or should we just show up on the day and hope for the best. I'm curious to find out what other people have done.:confused:

THANKS MARK

After my experience horseriding in Vila and almost being thrown off my the horse bucking because it got spooked I wouldnt do anything to 'daring' overseas again! I have also heard of other people who have had similiar experiences. Just be aware that p & o aren't the owners of these shore tours just the booking office.

Liz

We did the jet boat ride in Vila thru the ship and loved it. When I recently did the helicopter flight over port vila, noticed you could book the jet boat at the same place. Don't know what it cost (it would be cheaper than thru P&O) and I believe people had to wait awhile.

I was wondering if I should book para sailing and jet boat rides with P&O before we go or should we just show up on the day and hope for the best. I'm curious to find out what other people have done.:confused:

THANKS MARK

I did the jet boat earlier this year and it was awesome!!!! I'd book it early with P&O if I were you as it's a very popular tour and it books out fast! You cant book it privately through anyone 'cheaper' when you get there, as P&O book it out for the day when there's a ship in port. I learned that the hard way when we were holidaying there in 2006 and couldn't get on for love or money because there were ships in all weekend :( If you have a look at my youtube link you'll find a little video that I took while on the jet boat this Feb :) LOTS of fun!! :D

I did the jet boat earlier this year and it was awesome!!!! I'd book it early with P&O if I were you as it's a very popular tour and it books out fast! You cant book it privately through anyone 'cheaper' when you get there, as P&O book it out for the day when there's a ship in port. I learned that the hard way when we were holidaying there in 2006 and couldn't get on for love or money because there were ships in all weekend :( If you have a look at my youtube link you'll find a little video that I took while on the jet boat this Feb :) LOTS of fun!! :D

Hi Msminx

Watched your youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o9zESTTAxs loved it, Guess I better book with P&O

Thanks MARK

We booked the jeyboat for myself & 2 sons & the para sailing for my oldest son. Booked them both through P&O. I thought they were reasonably priced really as those sorts of activities are not cheap anywhere.

I just had a look and it is $60 to do the jetboat on Sydney Harbour.

Hey Mark,

I've done the Vanuatu Jet twice (Once on the Pac Sun in 06 and the second on the Pac Dawn in August) and loved every minute of it. I booked it when on board and the times were filling fast. Just be prepared to get drenched and you will be rewarded with a exhilerating experience and different views of Port Vila.

The safety is by Australian standard as it is the same company that runs the jet boat in Sydney.

Hope the cruise is all you wish for.

Hi everyone,

ow does it work with booking the tours? Do you get info when you board and you can book on day 1?

Raelee

Hi Raelee.

When you get your blue booklet, it will have a shore tours guide and booking form. We booked ours (posted it to P&O - however didn't receive any kind of confirmation!) before we even got on the ship, and were glad we did, as they sold out VERY QUICKLY! Tickets were delivered to our cabin.

Have fun!

I was reading the shore tour booklet in the blue folder, And it states there is a min age restriction of 12 yo on the jet boat ride. My twin daughters aged 10 are going to be VERY disappointed, They were so much looking forward to para sail and jet boat ride, I'm not looking forward to telling them:(. Most of the activities we were going to do have this age restriction. I normally Have trouble convincing people they are only 10 as they are very tall for there age and look about 13-14:(.

MARK

I was reading the shore tour booklet in the blue folder, And it states there is a min age restriction of 12 yo on the jet boat ride. My twin daughters aged 10 are going to be VERY disappointed, They were so much looking forward to para sail and jet boat ride, I'm not looking forward to telling them:(. Most of the activities we were going to do have this age restriction. I normally Have trouble convincing people they are only 10 as they are very tall for there age and look about 13-14:(.

MARK

That's strange. I remember a fellow CCer (kazza1) & I having this dicussion before our cruise last year. Her sons wanted to do it but according to her book they had to be twelve. I hurriedly went & looked at mine because my 11yo wanted to do it & I couldn't remember reading that. Anyway, it turns out we had different tour booklets. This must have been before we got our tickets because I had no info regarding the cost. I emailed P&O & asked them what the cost was for an adult & a child (11 years old) and they came back to me with a cost for an adult AND a different price for a child. I printed off the email just in case but we had no problems getting him on.

I'm just back from these islands on the Rhapsody of the Seas, and I did the parasailing in Port Vila. It was fantastic. I researched the company before I went, and I could see that an Australian operates the company, which gave me a lot of comfort.

I was very impressed with the flight. All the equipment used appeared to be in top condition. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

As someone else said, most of these cruise lines book out these operators when in port, so you really need to book through the ship, and it makes sense to book in advance rather than risk disappointment.

That's strange. I remember a fellow CCer (kazza1) & I having this dicussion before our cruise last year. Her sons wanted to do it but according to her book they had to be twelve. I hurriedly went & looked at mine because my 11yo wanted to do it & I couldn't remember reading that. Anyway, it turns out we had different tour booklets. This must have been before we got our tickets because I had no info regarding the cost. I emailed P&O & asked them what the cost was for an adult & a child (11 years old) and they came back to me with a cost for an adult AND a different price for a child. I printed off the email just in case but we had no problems getting him on.

Hi Karmac

I have just had a look online at P&O shore tours on there web site and it looks like the girls can do it after all, Complete different information than the booklet in the blue folder, Adult $65 child $40 under 12:rolleyes:.Glad I didn't tell them they couldn't do it.

Hi Karmac

I have just had a look online at P&O shore tours on there web site and it looks like the girls can do it after all, Complete different information than the booklet in the blue folder, Adult $65 child $40 under 12:rolleyes:.Glad I didn't tell them they couldn't do it.

Yes, that's the same price we paid last November. The girls will LOVE it.:)

Archived