Specialty restaurants and children

royandjenn

Hello... we will be on the sky feb 2 for 4 nights and have never sailed on a ship that had restaurants with surcharges. My question is, do children pay the same price for the surcharges as the adults do? At Cagney's, besides service, is the food that much better, bigger... Can u reserve at these restaurants on the first day for everynight? Do you have to pay at the one's that are open for breakfast/lunch (if they are actually open)? Thank you very much!!!!!

I might be mistaken, but when we were on last year I'm pretty sure that my sister's kids paid half the surcharge price if they ate off of the specialty restaurant's menu. I think there may have also been an option for them to order off the main dining rooms' kid's menu.

Cagney's is very nice with better service. I think the menu has been upgraded further with 2.0 to include better cuts of beef, but I haven't yet experienced this.

On the first day, you can reserve for that night and the following night. Every morning of the cruise thereafter you can reserve for the following night's dinner (Monday morning reserves for Tuesday night, etc.)

Cagney's is open for breakfast and lunch, but only for those passengers traveling in suites. There is no extra charge to them.

The sushi restaurant is open occasionally for lunch at a surcharge.

I don't think any of the others are open for breakfast or lunch.

Also, be aware that Cagney's and Le Bistro dining is styled after upscale fine dining places, where service is slower and more formal. It is not uncommon to be there for two to two and a half hours, which is a lifetime for children.

Al

Archived