Millie dec 07 aus to nz food allergies

sheza

Hi we're fairly new cruisers, and having trouble with info as we've booked from oz with an agent in US, does anyone know who to contact about food allergies, as I'm not having much luck sending emails to the cruise company (or my agent). Also my better partner would prefer not to take his suit, will he need it or will shirt, tie, and slacks suffice on special nights.

:)

Many Thanks Sheza:)

I'm having similar difficulties getting in touch with Celebrity about a different matter, see my separate thread. They don't make it easy and seem to have mis-configured their web site for international contact.

They do have a local representative, but they can be lengthy/difficult to get through to and aren't part of the company anyway so may have to refer the question on, which can be difficult if an authoratative answer is needed.

Regarding the suit, there have been other discussions here, but the generally expected standard is a dark suit if you're outside your cabin for the formal nights. Some order room service and some try to sneak through with less as ways around it, but that's the expectation. There is also a formal hire service available if you wanted to go down that path.

I'm having similar difficulties getting in touch with Celebrity about a different matter, see my separate thread. They don't make it easy and seem to have mis-configured their web site for international contact.

They do have a local representative, but they can be lengthy/difficult to get through to and aren't part of the company anyway so may have to refer the question on, which can be difficult if an authoratative answer is needed.

Regarding the suit, there have been other discussions here, but the generally expected standard is a dark suit if you're outside your cabin for the formal nights. Some order room service and some try to sneak through with less as ways around it, but that's the expectation. There is also a formal hire service available if you wanted to go down that path.

The dark has been eliminated, it is just a suit.

Hi we're fairly new cruisers, and having trouble with info as we've booked from oz with an agent in US, does anyone know who to contact about food allergies, as I'm not having much luck sending emails to the cruise company (or my agent). Also my better partner would prefer not to take his suit, will he need it or will shirt, tie, and slacks suffice on special nights.

:)

Many Thanks Sheza:)

Here's a web page from Celebrity's web site about Special needs with some phone numbers.

Hope this helps.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000HgcsE6i_6IZXf5RM5SxJuNM:12h3rnd1c?faqSubjectName=Special+Needs%2C+Medical%2FPhysical&faqId=596&pagename=faq_answers

The best thing we have found is wait till you get on boartd, then go see the head Matre D', they will set you up with special menus and diet plans they have. We have a freind who also has problems and this worked out the best and at least you are talking to someone face to face. Also let your Waiter know about the dietary changes. As we say cover all bases! As for the suit and tie, my DH wuill wear the jacket and tie to dinner, and ASAP take it off, if anyone else at our table isn't wearing it. After dinner the jacket and tie come off for DH. You won't be alone not wearing it.!;)

You are going to have to pack the suit. Nearly every man wore a suit to dinner on formal nights. There were a handful of tuxes. We just pack one and change ties. It's inexpensive enough to have the shirt cleaned if need be.

Shay

I just got off the Millenium (Nov 2-14) and was lucky enough to get a galley tour (which will make you LOVE Celebrity- and appreciate the food). There was a special area devoted to people with food allergies, where it was prepared. A woman at our table has garlic allergy, and she was very happy with all they were doing to accomodate her(it was her 10+ cruise for this reason). So I can pretty confidently tell you the answer is there will not be a problem. I also must tell you that the dinner service and the Matre D were the best I have ever seen anywhere, and people were really impressed with the service on this ship. Enjoy yourself, what a wonderful part of the world on a ship where I was astounded how many knew my name by the end of the trip.

We will be on the Millie in Dec. and would like to know the name of the Matr 'D who was so wonderful to you. On a past Millie cruise we also had a wonderful Matr 'D, but can't remember his name. We would love to be seated at one of his tables if possible. Could you help. Thanks, Sally

Archived