My friends and I just saved a total of $1200

nikki303

Hi All,

I have been lurking on the RC board as I will be taking my 2nd cruise ever on RC in 10-09. Congrats to the OP- WOW what a great savings! I was was lead to believe you don't get an price reduction on RC after final payment. My PVP for RC told me NO, but now I will now know different thanks to CC. I had a different experience with Carnival (my first cruise) as far as price reduction. The allowed price reduction before and after. They honored my first reduction by crediting it to my credit card before final payment and then after final payment when the price went down again they gave it to me in onboard credit-no problem for me as I had the extra spending on the cruise! :) Just curious if RC does OBC as well after final payment. Also if my PVP continues to tell me no price reduction after final payment what are your suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice. CC is always so helpful! Happy Cruising to all!

RC does not give OBC for price drops, even when they occur after final payment. Price drops after final payment are credited back to the credit card.

Good point. They have the WOW sales now however I have not seen any of our sailing dates for less than we originally booked them. If things did shift then I would hold off and just watch for good deals.

Kathy

Good for you. Two weeks after my booking they started a sale. They gave 50% discount on Cat L, M, N. That's $1000 pp cheaper. Unfortunately I couldn't have my price adjusted since the sale is for new bookings only.

I am the OP. I am now so anxious waiting to find out where my friends and I will be assigned.:eek: I don't really care too much where we are I just hope that we will be close to each other. Since I made the change yesterday, which was Saturday, the agent said they probably wouldn't assign the cabins until Monday or Tuesday. She also said I would need to call to find out where they are too. Do you guys think this is right? Or would I be able to see the cabin number online in my reservation? It still says guarantee right now.

Or would I be able to see the cabin number online in my reservation? It still says guarantee right now.

I did a guarantee last cruise and it showed up on the website as guarantee for only a day and then it showed the actual cabin.

We switched to an inside guarantee on our last cruise and saved $900 during a price reduction. It took about three days for our new cabin number to show up on the website. The savings was used to book another cruise and a next cruise while onboard.

I watch everyones cruises that I have helped book. I noticed that someone I knows cruise had a seniors rate and NY resident for the AOS NYE cruise. I didn't know how much they paid. I called them and told them to call their TA immediately. They just called and my phone call saved them $2400 on 2 balconies. That is a very expensive week and they paid through the nose when they originally booked. I am so glad I could help them and that RCI is so reasonable. Now back to watching my own April cruise pricing. ;)

Archived