Booking detail for the experts: "N/A" by Category on Princess.com--Something new?

cherylandtk

Not sure if I have seen this before and wondering if any of you have seen it and/or can explain it. Was checking prices on my upcoming cruise, went in to the booking process and clicked through to the categories where they list all the types, and found a grey box with N/A in place of the radio button next to the BA category. Not the orange waitlisted, either. All the other balcony categories are the usual radio buttons and can be booked. This is on the Crown, and I know BAs exist on the ship :p so it can't be that. Anybody know what this is and why it is showing up? Is it new? Or just something not seen very often?

Our friends on this sailing were just upgraded to BA and when I checked yesterday for available cabins to switch into, there were many available cabins to book in the BA category. Today, it shows N/A.

Not sure if I have seen this before and wondering if any of you have seen it and/or can explain it. Was checking prices on my upcoming cruise, went in to the booking process and clicked through to the categories where they list all the types, and found a grey box with N/A in place of the radio button next to the BA category. Not the orange waitlisted, either. All the other balcony categories are the usual radio buttons and can be booked. This is on the Crown, and I know BAs exist on the ship :p so it can't be that. Anybody know what this is and why it is showing up? Is it new? Or just something not seen very often?

Our friends on this sailing were just upgraded to BA and when I checked yesterday for available cabins to switch into, there were many available cabins to book in the BA category. Today, it shows N/A.

For some reason the BA has become "not available"; not even for waitlisting. Or, there's a glitch in the system. Both good scenarios. :)

... Both good scenarios. :)
Pia, LOL, oh yes, entirely possible.

I sorta, somewhere deep in the grey matter of my brain, seem to recall having seen this before on the smaller ships, maybe Sea or Sun, when looking at bookings. I thought at the time it meant those categories did not exist...now I am wondering if it is a booking level beyond waitlist.

Although for the life of me I cannot figure out why a category would go from open cabins to N/A in twelve hours and bypass Waitlist entirely. Unless it is a glitch in the system :D.

I was wondering what others knew about it, thanks for the input.

Archived