Enchantment - Balcony Room Selection?

Boardwalk

Hi,

I just booked online direct with RCL for a 4-day next Dec 2005 on Enchantment. I was given room #7018. I can't seem to find deck plans for EOS on the RCL site (maybe due to upcoming renovations?) but does anyone know where this room is and whether there are recommendations for other rooms in this category (D1?) Thanks! :)

I reserved online and think that's just what the computer assigned. Maybe they give out the worst rooms online and hope that no one complains? Why is mid-ship better, due to to ship motion or some other reason? I appreciate any and all input here as I will most definiteley be calling to change the room if I should be getting a better choice - it's over a year away for goodness sakes!

Midship cabin locations are said to feel less motion of the ship than extreme forward cabins. (Maybe someone else could provide a better explanation than mine.)

I would request a change now while other cabins are still available if you are not happy with the one they assigned to you. You will love the Enchantment; it is a gorgeous ship!

Teddie

Boardwalk,

Lucky you!!

Out of all the ships that we have sailed, my husband and I agree that the Enchantment is our favorite..... I do have a few pictures of this ship that you can link to under my homepage. Will bring you to Webshots.

I do agree that midship is the best location. You will experience a more "gentle sway", midship. The cabins on Enchantment are just so tastefully decorated, I know you will be pleased!!!

I too always book on line, and tell the online agent what cabin # I want. If you do not, they will just assign you any available cabin. You are wise to review the plan, and request a certain cabin.

Have fun,

Janet

Thanks Jane for the information - I figured that is what happened. Of course I don't know how they'll handle "mid-ship" for next winter as the ship will have 73 feet of new rooms added to it next summer. But I suppose they must have deck plans and room numbers already planned out for that right?

And thanks for mentioning your link - the pictures were great!

Archived