Medications- how to bring on

lderrn

I want to bring a little of everything to cover my bases- we are gonna have a great time SICK OR NOT.

so my question is... has anyone had a problem with bring medications not labeled?

Some Motrin, Tylenol, Mutivitamins in a ziplock ?

AND

My daily meds are in a huge 3 month supply bottle. I just want to bring the weeks worth.

Ideas, experiences...

Thanks

Spirit 11/17/04!!!!!!!!!!

Hi. We usually pack ours in one of those containers made for medication (with the days of the week imprinted on them) and have had no problems. It's a good idea to bring photo copies of your prescriptions to prove that you have these legally and just in case you lose them and have to get refills.

I want to bring a little of everything to cover my bases- we are gonna have a great time SICK OR NOT.

so my question is... has anyone had a problem with bring medications not labeled?

Some Motrin, Tylenol, Mutivitamins in a ziplock ?

AND

My daily meds are in a huge 3 month supply bottle. I just want to bring the weeks worth.

Ideas, experiences...

Thanks

Spirit 11/17/04!!!!!!!!!!

The easiest way for a weeks worth is those plastic containers with seven lids labled for the days of the week. Put everything for the day in each compartment and you're good to go. If you take some meds in the morning and others in the evening, you can use separate containers for different times of day.

Nonprescription drugs in a ziplock or other container has never been a problem for me, but be sure you can tell which is which.

We got our Dr to give us a printout of all of my DH prescribed meds. He takes 9 daily so you can imagine the number of bottles. We also use a daily organizer container to keep the dosages together and not forgotten during the day. I always carry a small pill box with his anti siezure meds along with a photocopy of the label just in case. I'm just not willing to take a chance with some dim bulb custom agent.

We were on a Western cruise a few years back. When we were getting back on the ship in Jamaica, I got stopped for almost 25 minutes - when they searched my bags they found a ziplock baggie that I had Altoid mints in...they took me to a building - 3 Jamaicans questioned me...by this time my husband, sister and brother in law had all gotten back on the ship thinking I was right behind them. In desperation I said just eat one - it's a mint! - well then they went nuts and had another more official looking guy come and talk to me. I don't know what convinced them, but finally they let me go. When I finally found the rest of my family they were watching the entire thing, drinks in hand having a good laugh. It's funny now, but I was getting nervous at the time!

Archived