Ramada Jarvis LHR and the Piccadilly line?

bigwally

This is probably one for Globaliser......

Why would the Ramada Jarvis LHR web site offer Hatton Cross as the closest tube station when it looks like Hounslow West is equidistant when it comes to walking and probably a nicer walk at that?

Can't understand why the hotel puts Hatton X unless they think your chances of getting a taxi are better at Hatton X than Hounslow West. You certainly wouldn't walk from Hatton X to the hotel and there is no direct public transport.

From London, most people would get off at Hounslow West then get one of the red buses like routes 81 and 222 that go to the hotel every few minutes. It must be a 20 minute walk or more with luggage. If you are flying into Heathrow there is a Hoppa Bus and the 105 bus from the Central Bus Station is both cheaper and more frequent.

From London, most people would get off at Hounslow West then get one of the red buses like routes 81 and 222 that go to the hotel every few minutes. It must be a 20 minute walk or more with luggage. If you are flying into Heathrow there is a Hoppa Bus and the 105 bus from the Central Bus Station is both cheaper and more frequent.

Thanks for the bus information. That'll be handy if the wife doesn't want to walk to and from the station. We'd already be at the hotel and are just looking at the tube for transport into the City.

• 2 weeks later...
Why would the Ramada Jarvis LHR web site offer Hatton Cross as the closest tube station when it looks like Hounslow West is equidistant when it comes to walking and probably a nicer walk at that?
I have to say: I have absolutely no idea.

But I wouldn't say that the walk to Hounslow West is any nicer. I know those roads, and you'll get deafened by the traffic long before you reach the Tube station.

Archived