Balcony privacy question

Postman1963

You and I usually see eye to eye on things, but I have to say on this one I do not feel I did or said anything wrong when I said I thought it was gross. I thought I had explained it so that it did not come across as a moral judgement. I could careless what sexual activities people do as long as they are consenting and between adults. But I do think I have the right to think it is gross from a sanitary point of view and not be personally attacked for feeling that way. Not saying you attacked me, but there have been several on here questioning my sexual abilities in the bedroom or stating what a prude I must be, etc, just because I don't feel it is appropriate for people to do things that would leave bodily fluids for the next pax. When I say I was attacked, of course not named by named, but anyone who thought it was gross or disgusting were all lumped into the group that must be boring in bed or must be jealous, etc.

I may have issues about germs, hell half the time I call myself a germaphobe. But again, I do not think that gives anyone the right to attack me just because I feel it is unsanitary.

Damn. I wrote the best reply to you last night and it vanished. *sigh*

Anyway, I basically said I don't think anyone should ever be attacked for stating their opinion, but I also think that sometimes we can feel attacked when it wasn't anyone's intention to do so.

For instance, do you not think it's a bit insulting to assume that anyone having sex on a balcony must be leaving bodily fluids for the next passengers? I feel like I know you a little bit from your posts, and I don't for a moment believe that you would ever intentionally insult anyone, but that's a pretty big assumption. I've never had sex on a cruise ship balcony, but I have on apartment and hotel balconies... and I've never left any evidence behind. In fact, I've probably left them cleaner than when I arrived - which is why it's a good thing I always put a towel or blanket down before making contact with any surface that's been exposed to that many strangers!

I do absolutely agree with you, though - IF someone left their bodily fluids behind, it would be disgusting... I just don't think that assumption can be made simply because of someone's choice of 'where' they choose to 'enjoy themselves'. I'm a bit of a germophobe myself in many ways, and as far as I'm concerned, with rented accommodations in general - if there's a surface that a human can come in contact with, it's a good bet that someone has done something 'dirty' on it. By the same token, I also believe that just because someone chooses not to indulge on a balcony, it cannot be assumed that they are a prude, or jealous of those who do. :)

A few posts back someone mentioned it was their 25th and they planned on "hanging" out on their balcony. Just by chance we will also be doing the 25th and we just happen to have a balcony - Hmmm, sounds like a plan.

Remember to watch out for the flying fish - they're hungry little things at night...

25th,15th,13th doesn't matter to me! Sounds like a fun time anytime! Romance,intimacy, sex what every you want to call is what keeps

a marriage alive. What better setting than a cruise ship in the middle of nowhere!

Well said :)

Now if you will excuse me , the kids are all out and the wife is in the laundry room . Gotta get in there before the spin cycle starts :) :)

Hot cha cha cha cha *LOL*

Damn. I wrote the best reply to you last night and it vanished. *sigh*

Anyway, I basically said I don't think anyone should ever be attacked for stating their opinion, but I also think that sometimes we can feel attacked when it wasn't anyone's intention to do so.

For instance, do you not think it's a bit insulting to assume that anyone having sex on a balcony must be leaving bodily fluids for the next passengers? I feel like I know you a little bit from your posts, and I don't for a moment believe that you would ever intentionally insult anyone, but that's a pretty big assumption. I've never had sex on a cruise ship balcony, but I have on apartment and hotel balconies... and I've never left any evidence behind. In fact, I've probably left them cleaner than when I arrived - which is why it's a good thing I always put a towel or blanket down before making contact with any surface that's been exposed to that many strangers!

I do absolutely agree with you, though - IF someone left their bodily fluids behind, it would be disgusting... I just don't think that assumption can be made simply because of someone's choice of 'where' they choose to 'enjoy themselves'. I'm a bit of a germophobe myself in many ways, and as far as I'm concerned, with rented accommodations in general - if there's a surface that a human can come in contact with, it's a good bet that someone has done something 'dirty' on it. By the same token, I also believe that just because someone chooses not to indulge on a balcony, it cannot be assumed that they are a prude, or jealous of those who do. :)

I do see your point.. and yes, I guess I was making that assumption, which was wrong of me. I just see so many guys that use the bathroom and walk out without washing their hands that I tend to think every thing I come in contact with was touched by those same guys..so I assumed people would be just as careless on their balcony.. (according to some of the women I have worked with, women are just as bad about not washing.. LOL.. but I can't say I know that from experience). And yes, you are right that I would never intentionally hurt anyones feelins. Even people I don't like I would never want to do that to.

It's all good, and I really did know you had not tried to attack me or anyone else, I just used your posting to reply to. 8-)

Edited by terrymtex01

I do see your point.. and yes, I guess I was making that assumption, which was wrong of me. I just see so many guys that use the bathroom and walk out without washing their hands that I tend to think every thing I come in contact with was touched by those same guys..so I assumed people would be just as careless on their balcony.. (according to some of the women I have worked with, women are just as bad about not washing.. LOL.. but I can't say I know that from experience). And yes, you are right that I would never intentionally hurt anyones feelins. Even people I don't like I would never want to do that to.

It's all good, and I really did know you had not tried to attack me or anyone else, I just used your posting to reply to. 8-)

Oh we are so in agreement on this one!! I'm amazed at how many people will walk out of a bathroom stall and out the door. Ever hear of Mono? Hepatitis? Norovirus? Pink Eye? A public restroom door handle - one more surface that should never be touched with bare skin!! :eek:

Oh we are so in agreement on this one!! I'm amazed at how many people will walk out of a bathroom stall and out the door. Ever hear of Mono? Hepatitis? Norovirus? Pink Eye? A public restroom door handle - one more surface that should never be touched with bare skin!! :eek:

One reason it irks me when paper towel dispensers have been removed!

LOL..I am sure some men get a kick out of seeing how I deal with any surfaces I have to touch in a public restroom.. LOL.. From the moment I walk in the door I use a paper towel for every thing.. like opening a stall door, turning on the water faucet, turning it off again, and opening the door to leave.. LOL

I'm with AuntieBarb .. I can't stand those paper towel free bathrooms.

A few posts back someone mentioned it was their 25th and they planned on "hanging" out on their balcony. Just by chance we will also be doing the 25th and we just happen to have a balcony - Hmmm, sounds like a plan.

Remember to watch out for the flying fish - they're hungry little things at night...

Love this thread. We'll be "celebrating" our 40th anniversary on our balcony on the Spirit next October. :D

Katink