Should I panic?

Yesterday i met someone and mentioned i was looking forward to my cruise in the canaries next week. She said she had recently come back from a 3 day cruise around Canaries. According to her the sea was so rough she couldnt eat or drink and she was cold all the time.

Apparently people were even throwing up in the restaurants:eek:

Am worried now, apart from the clothes we will wear for the journey out I had only planned on packing a hoody for during the day and a pashmina for the evenings on board.

I had envisaged and planned on packing shorts etc. Do you reckon it should be jeans and fleeces instead. Maybe she was unlucky with the weather.

Oh great! That's all you want to hear....we are off in 3 weeks time too, same cruise.

Best stock up on some more travel sickness tablets.

Will be interested to know also what clothes to pack.

What is the best website for looking at the Canary Weather - please?

This site was referred to on another thread - but I think it looks brilliant! Impressed by the colours I think! :o Doesn't look bad around the Canaries just now.

But it looks as though it will pick up on regions which could be of interest to us - Med, Canaries, Baltic, Norway, Caribbean etc. I've logged it for future reference - but will only take any notice if the weather/seas look good!!!! ;)

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/atlm.html?map=wave#map

Returned yesterday from Celebration. Had a fantastic time. First time on ship so cant really comment on refit other than to say she looks a little worn round the edges in places but this did not detract from our enjoyment. Service, food, drink all up to the usual fantastic high Thomson standard. Weather was very changeable espescially COLD in Agadir. Temperature was probabaly around 20 degrees but the wind was really strong and cold. Best day we had weather wise suprisingly was Funchal. My advice to anyone travelling soon would be to take a cardigan or similar for evening and a fleece maybe for day times. Hopefully you wont need then but best to be prepared. I am happy to answer any questions from anyone travelling soon on any queries regarding ship. Well as best i can anyway.

I got back Friday also and I have to say it was bliddy cold!

It wasn't the temperature so much as the wind - we had cardigans on all the time, we tried to sit outside on the day at sea but most people gave up as it was just to blowey and cold, tried again in Agadir and was comfortable but only because I was wearing a cardigan and wrapped in two beach towels!

You DEFINITELY need cardigans and fleeces unless the weather has improved dramatically. My mistake was wearing skirts/shorts with flip flops, I was colder than everyone else wearing jeans socks and trainers.

Don't want to bring a downer on the weather but I only took a couple of cardigans as I'd previously done that intinerary in Dec/Jan and had been much warmer - I wish I'd had the hindsight to take more warm clothes so just want to advise anyone travelling soon to remember to wrap up.

(And start taking the Echinacea and Vitamin C now if you know what I mean ;) )

Archived