Stone Island - Pics

pppiglet

We were on our way down the street towards the water taxi and I decided to take a picture from where we just came from to show all the taxi's available, so this is looking back towards the terminal.

VOSCruise08248.jpg

We are on the water taxi looking back at it as others are joining us.

VOSCruise08250.jpg

I took the picture below as we were walking from the water taxi drop off, so I would know where we were suppose to go back to. It was so easy to find though.

VOSCruise08255.jpg

Walk over a little hill and you see the beach and the row of restaurants.

VOSCruise08259.jpg

Thanks for the pic's. I have a question on the pic you took looking back at the water taxi. I can see a blue arch where I assume the water taxi was, beyond that is a stretch of water. Is this the water you crossed to get to Stone Island? Just trying to get an idea of how long/short the distance was on the water taxi ride.

Howdy fellow Salem-ite!

Looks like we are sailing the Mexican Riviera 1 day apart, LOL!

Gina

Actually, we live in Keizer, but more people know where Salem is located. :cool:

That would be funny if we were in port the same day you were.

• 4 weeks later...
Actually, we live in Keizer, but more people know where Salem is located. :cool:

That would be funny if we were in port the same day you were.

I know where Keizer is!! Yey for Oregon!

Will you be going to Stone Island? If so, will you be taking a tour to get there or follow the directions of some posters here?

We are thinking about getting there ourselves and going to Victors but I was wondering if you felt comfortable with the directions being given.

Sure would appreciate your input.

I'll be on the same ship as Gina from Salem.

jannyb

Victor's

ph-1125560905.jpg

Garlic Shrimp/Coconut Shrimp Plus Platter

ph-169790025.jpg

Looking up the beach

100_1041.jpg

Randi's Happy Horses riding up the beach

ph606946743.jpg

Victor's again

VictorsonStoneIsland.jpg

great pics~~ i looked at your album on shutterfly and i was wondering where was the place you went to in mexico where there were turtles and aligators? was it like a zoo?

thanks in advance

melissa

Hello everyone, I just got back from the Mexican Riviera last month and wanted to Thank you for the pictures for Stone Island. It helped me get over there without spending to much money.

Mazatlan was the only day that I did not book an excursion through the cruise line and that was my favorite day in port. Stone Island was awesome and Leti's food was wonderful. Thanks again!

I spent about three hours next to that tree, I want to go back now!!!

great pics~~ i looked at your album on shutterfly and i was wondering where was the place you went to in mexico where there were turtles and aligators? was it like a zoo?

thanks in advance

melissa

It was during an excursion we did out of Manzanillo in April 2006. We were motorcoached out to the Cuyutlán Turtle Aquarium. We were given a small boat tour of their wildlife sanctuary, too. Stopped at a black sand beach for lunch and went to a salt mine museum, too. If you ever go to Manzanillo I would highly recommend this excursion.

Hello everyone, I just got back from the Mexican Riviera last month and wanted to Thank you for the pictures for Stone Island. It helped me get over there without spending to much money.

Mazatlan was the only day that I did not book an excursion through the cruise line and that was my favorite day in port. Stone Island was awesome and Leti's food was wonderful. Thanks again!

So STC, Did you find the directions given by previous posters to be accurate, safe and easy to find Leti's and Victor's? We will be there on March 24th so wanted to know. Thanks and glad you enjoyed Stone Island. jannyb

Just curious,how much was the shrimp platter it looked yummy ???

You know I can't remember exactly, sorry. Our whole day at Victor's with meal, Pacificos and sodas was only $27 total so it couldn't have been too bad! :eek:

So STC, Did you find the directions given by previous posters to be accurate, safe and easy to find Leti's and Victor's? We will be there on March 24th so wanted to know. Thanks and glad you enjoyed Stone Island. jannyb

It's really easy. Once you are out on the street, out of the departure area from the ship, you just turn left and walk about 4 blocks until the street ends. Continue down the now dirt road and you will see the little building in front of the docks where the water ferries are. You buy your r/t tickets (I was just told they are $2 pp now), get in the boat and then they take you across the channel to Stone Island, only a 5 min. ride or so. Once you get to the other side and walk up to the landing you can either walk straight ahead over a little hill to the beach that puts you at the end/beginning of the beach restaurants (leaving you a pretty good walk to Victor's from there) or you can turn left and walk down the road until you can turn right onto another dirt road and at the end of that road you will be behind Victor's and Lety's. Six of one and half dozen of the other, just depends if you mind walking in the sand or on a dirt road! There may be a very rough Taxi (small truck with bench seats in the back) waiting at the landing area that can take you right to Victor's and I don't think it cost very much. Since I have a hard time walking longer distances we opted to pay their fare. Have a great time!!! I know you will!

So you did and thanks . We will be there in april and are considering something along those lines.... Anyway thanks for the response....

Wow! Another Oregonian on this thread...that makes 4 now!

Thanks to all who have shared info! I can't wait for March!

Gina

Archived