Dropping of fuel supplement is a rip off!!!

suzepoo

I do not agree… the base price may be lower, but what is offered for that base price has also decreased. Quality of food, quality of service are obvious areas that have decreased. The cabin steward that at one time had 8 cabins to take care of now has 10 or 12. Since the amount of hours in a day has been about the same for a few million years, when one has more work to do in a given amount of time, somewhere corners are cut, so the cabin steward spends less time in each cabin. Yes, it does show.

The same for DR wait staff, they now have more tables to watch over… it goes on and on.

Regarding if $63.00 makes or breaks… sometimes it is JUST THE PRINCIPLE! I don’t know about you, but getting played, being treated like a sucker, tends to irk me. I have even been known to spend more $$ elsewhere because some other business tried to play me.

If you feel you are being played and treated like a sucker then don't book. Some of us feel that we are getting our money's worth and will book. I don't feel the need to stretch a penny out to get copper wire. I'm looking forward to my upcoming cruise and as soon as my husband is able to check the training schedule for his next deployment we are going to try and get another one in before he leaves. Life's too short to worry about nickles and dimes, in my opinion, and I'm not leaving any for my son to worry about.;);)

I just went and checked the price of my cruise and sure enough the price went up exactly the same amount as the fuel charge............. Aren't they sneaky...

Yes!!! Dirty, rotten scoundrels!

I think that everyone who has posted complaints on this thread should stop cruising immediately so that the rest of us can cruise in peace.

I'm NOT complainig about the totally AWESOME deal I just got on my next 3 cruises - with or without the fuel surcharge! :p

I think Carnival did the right thing and is on the right track concerning the fuel surcharge. I was against this whole fuel surcharge from the beginning, especially the manner in which they initially tried to implement it. Then, I thought they kept the surcharge going too long, and then I did not much care for their formula for returning the surcharge. However, I think their current plan is good and correct.

Future cruise prices do not affect booked cruises. Carnival's future cabin prices are either viable or not. As a consumer, I look at the bottom line and I decide whether I can or I am willing to pay the stated price. Why would I want to know how they calculated the price or what their costs are. I'm a customer not Carnival management. I do not need or want an itimized list. If the price of eggs, steaks, or lemonade skyrocket I do not want an egg, steak, or lemonade surcharge. Just need to know the cabin price. Same with fuel.

So, I guess I do not see any problem in the actions they have taken. Should have been this way all along, namely, fuel costs should be part of the cabin cost as they will be soon. As usual I will compare vacation options and if Carnival's prices remain competitive they will continue to be an option. JMHO.

Yes!!! Dirty, rotten scoundrels!

I think that everyone who has posted complaints on this thread should stop cruising immediately so that the rest of us can cruise in peace.

I'm NOT complainig about the totally AWESOME deal I just got on my next 3 cruises - with or without the fuel surcharge! :p

bravo.gif

Carnival announced today that it will "suspend the fuel supplement from all cruises departing on or after December 17, 2008", BUT BEWARE....THEY HAVE ALSO INCREASED EVERY CRUISE PRICE I CHECKED BY ALMOST THAT EXACT AMOUNT!!!! In addition, they also noted that they "reserve the right to re-instate the fuel supplement" effectively charging all of us DOUBLE!!! At least when they were listing the $9 per day charge as a fuel supplement, we were assured that if the price of oil stayed below $70, we would receive that amount back in the form of on-board credits, but now we get NOTHING, yet are paying it anyway! :mad:

As much as I love cruising Carnival, I will NOT be booking any future cruises as long as this practice continues....the problem is....we won't know! The only reason I know is because I had a list of cruises for next year that I was watching, in addition, I checked the prices of cruises that I have already booked and ALL of them had increased by almost the EXACT amount of the fuel supplement being added. YOU DECIDE, but I feel that we are being totally RIPPED OFF!!!:mad:

Wow. You're a whole lot of pissed off, aren't ya? I went on to interval to check the price last night, and the price is 770 -- 110 less than it was when I booked. I called carnival (since my cruise is not until October) and they are refunding the 90 to my card used to pay. I am guessing the other 20 is random fluctuation.

To be very clear- I am giong to check carnival right now. the cost is now listed at 955.00 for 2 for the week. Last week it was 1055. Doesn't seem they have added anything.

Archived