When Can I have my cabin assigned ?

seadude

Hi, I was planning to spend this new year at home but checking the prices I just cant resist to book an inside on the Summit on dec 27 for just 650.00.(now 599 but who cares I still got a bargain) Is a guaranteed inside but I'm anxious to know the location. If I paid yesterday for them and I just want to know when they are going to assign it. Also If I call Celebrity they are going to give me the best inside on inventory or I should wait the assignment.

X will assign your Gty cabin - check the online pre-registration using your booking number to see if cabin number posted. Our Gty was posted within a week of booking and since you are close to sailing it likely will be posted soon too. We did balcony-Gty (Dec 12 Connie) and got Cat 2A but, I assume, our Elite club rating helped. Good Luck on your 'roll of the dice'.

Hi, I was planning to spend this new year at home but checking the prices I just cant resist to book an inside on the Summit on dec 27 for just 650.00.(now 599 but who cares I still got a bargain) Is a guaranteed inside but I'm anxious to know the location. If I paid yesterday for them and I just want to know when they are going to assign it. Also If I call Celebrity they are going to give me the best inside on inventory or I should wait the assignment.

With a guarantee they can assign you the stateroom at any time. Sometimes it is within moments after booking, other times it is not until you arrive at the ship (and more frequently it is somewhere in between these two extremes). Also even once you are assigned a room it can be switched at any time up until you board - so don't get too attached to it!

The advantage of booking a guarantee is they are generally cheaper then booking a specific stateroom and you also have a greater chance of receiving an upgrade. The disadvantage is you have no say in what stateroom they place you in and often end up with rooms near the front or back of the ship (where you experience more motion and have further to walk to most public areas) and/or in rooms below or nearby to public areas that may generate noise (i.e. under a lounge).

To see if you have been assigned a stateroom just look at your reservation online on Celebrity's website. It will either list your specific stateroom when you click on "My reservations" or it will say guarantee if you have yet to be assigned.

If the price has dropped since you booked, call the cruise line (or your travel agent if you booked via a travel agent) as the cruise line often will give you the reduced fair.

Have a great cruise. :)

Thank you guys, I have done that yet. I called TA and they told me that they requested the new price, also they told me that they are going to work to get me on the Vista deck or up that is very nice for me. But in still checking on My Cruise and still said GUARANTEED.

We are going to celebrate anniversary that is on dec 27 and Sarah s Birthday on jan 2. I didnt told them that but im planning to buy some cakes.

Archived