Navigator of the Seas 12/1/08 Review

My husband attempted to surprise me with cabin decorations for my birthday on the day of departure, but he waited all day for them to arrive and they never did. Needless to say he felt really bad for me and went to the guest relations desk to ask what happened. They told him that they were scheduled for another day...he told them to cancel because he ordered it to be done on my actual birthday and that there was no use to do it three days later. We checked our credit card bill when we came home and his money had already been refunded.

My husband & I were on the Navigator earlier this year for our anniversary and had ordered chocolate covered strawberries & champagne to be in our room & it was not there. Our anniversary was on the day of departure, so with everything else you want to do on the ship when you first get on, standing in line to ask about it was not on our list of things we wanted to do. :rolleyes:

We still loved the ship though.We thought the ship was beautiful & service was great all over the ship. We ate at Portofino our first night on board for our anniversary and were impressed with the entire experience. They went and got a bottle of wine from another part of the ship that I liked that normally is not available in Portofino.

As far as the food in Windjammer and even the dining room, we don't expect 5 star dining. I worked in the restaurant industry for 10 years and know the difficulties in serving a large number of people and keeping the quality high. It's nearly impossible to that in a setting like Windjammer where the they basically have revolving trays of food out all day. Compared to our last RCI cruise on the Majesty, everything was much higher quality. On this last cruise, we only ate in the dining room one night and when we did, the server tried to convince me to get one steak over another (cannot remember the cut of meat). I knew I wanted the other one, but he kept saying, "get this one, it is better." Well, it wasn't, and they ended up putting a hitch in our meal while they got me the one I wanted.

I'm sorry they didn't take care of the birthday stuff for you. I hope you still had a great time despite the disappointments.

We were on the Navigator, 12/1, our first cruise. We celebrated our 25th Anniv.. I purchased the Anniversary decorations and a romance package in advance. On arrival our room was beautifully decorated, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. My wife was floored. We were in 6364/Balcony. PERFECT!!! Our Stateroom attendent, "Dwayne" was the BEST!!! Our Waiters: Marcellas/Valentin were SUPERB, Friendly, Attentive. Food was awesome in the dining room. We had reservations the last night at CHOPS, incredible!!! Dining room/Chops Food/Appetizers were superb. No Yellow water!! Room was straightened twice a day, with plenty of clear ice provided. Entire staff was pleasant/super polite. Shows were great. Did Cozumel on our own........Chakanaab Beach/snorkeling. Did Belize on our own........Zip Line/Cave tube Combo (really cool, but fast/short duration), but it was neat to experience it. Parties/clubs all over the ship. Rock wall climbing, golf, ice shows, BBall court, everything to occupy your day. pools/jacuzzis everywhere. Had to email kids once a day, to check in.........internet was very slow/pricy, oh well. Can't wait to go again!!!!

I will be on the ship this week and have a few questions. is there a chocolate buffet on the 4 day cruise? Also about the zipline and cave tour. Was that thru the ship or on your own, I'd like to find out more.

Didn't have a chocolate buffet on our cruise, or even a midnight buffet. They did have a buffet up by the pool one night. We did the Aerial Trek/Cave tubing tour through the ship. It was expensive, $149 each, but we knew it was a long drive from the ship and wanted to be sure we would be back on time.

We were on the Navigator, 12/1, our first cruise. We celebrated our 25th Anniv.. I purchased the Anniversary decorations and a romance package in advance. On arrival our room was beautifully decorated, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. My wife was floored. We were in 6364/Balcony. PERFECT!!! Our Stateroom attendent, "Dwayne" was the BEST!!! Our Waiters: Marcellas/Valentin were SUPERB, Friendly, Attentive. Food was awesome in the dining room. We had reservations the last night at CHOPS, incredible!!! Dining room/Chops Food/Appetizers were superb. No Yellow water!! Room was straightened twice a day, with plenty of clear ice provided. Entire staff was pleasant/super polite. Shows were great. Did Cozumel on our own........Chakanaab Beach/snorkeling. Did Belize on our own........Zip Line/Cave tube Combo (really cool, but fast/short duration), but it was neat to experience it. Parties/clubs all over the ship. Rock wall climbing, golf, ice shows, BBall court, everything to occupy your day. pools/jacuzzis everywhere. Had to email kids once a day, to check in.........internet was very slow/pricy, oh well. Can't wait to go again!!!!

Happy Anniversary! And, I'm so glad you enjoyed the cruise. I'm getting overwhelmingly excited about my 12/20! Thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

This is really great info! We are taking this same cruise Jan. 12 and I can't wait. I was worried from another person's review that lobster night would be Wednesday, and I booked Chops on Wednesday. I tried to change it to Thursday but the slots are all full. But that review was from a Grand Caymen/Jamacia cruise, not the Cozumel/Belize cruise. So I think we might be safe with our Wednesday Chops after all!

Do you happen to have a Compass that you could scan and share?

You got the cabin we had booked but gave up when a suite gty became available for just a few dollars more. Sorry to hear you had problems. I agree with your review 100%. The coffee is way too strong, even when watered down! I also missed having French Onion soup. They only had plain onion soup and when I mentioned it to our waiter, he brought me a bread round with toasted cheese on top. Our table was never full for dinner so our waiters had more time for us, and did remember our iced tea every night.

We did the Zipline/cave tubing excursion and loved the zipline. The cave tubing was OK, but took a lot of paddling to get through the cave.

We are also doing the zipline/cavetubing tour in February. Did you have any time after returning to pick up some souvenirs? I need to have something to take home.icon10.gif

We are also doing the zipline/cavetubing tour in February. Did you have any time after returning to pick up some souvenirs? I need to have something to take home.icon10.gif

I think we were on the next to last tender back to the ship. We didn't stop to shop, but you could probably spare 15 min. Be sure to take your water shoes for the cave tubing; very few did and had to wear wet sneakers back.

We were also on this cruise in 9394 (Royal Family Suite) and did not have yellow water. We enjoyed everything about the cruise and plan to sail on Navigator in the future.

Sandy (and Wayne)

We'll be in the same Royal Family Suite #9394 on the Dec 20th cruise. Do you have any other comments or observations about the suite? How was the suite attendant and the concierge club? Thanks! :cool:

Archived