Thursday Weigh-in 12/11/08

WeirdEyes

Hey Losers! I hope everyone is having a great week!

There is 15 days left until Christmas and 12 days left until Hanukkah begins. Are you ready?

I was really hoping to stay the same all through the holidays, but it seems that 1.5 lbs have found me. It is my fault as I've been cheating some on the weekends and my exercise hasn't been up to par.

I hope y'all do better! Good luck! :)

Sheila

Hi everyone! New to this thread, but I'm hoping it will help keep me accountable! I finally feel that I've gotten the motivation to take this journey, but I've got a long way to go.

Started this week really watching what I was eating and cut out my diet soda habit. Today, I am down 2.5 lbs. I'm hoping every week will be a minus, but also know that's a bit unrealistic. This is a bad time of year, but if I don't start now, I would that much more to lose come Jan 1st.

Hope everyone had a good week!

Elaine

Elaine, welcome aboard. Congrats on the loss so far.

Sheila, you and I found the same lbs! Darn it. I was really trying not to gain. I have slowly started seeing junk arrive in the breakroom at work. Been avoiding it for the most part (I always figure if I wait long enough it will be gone because others have eaten it). Been my strategy and it works.

This week I just had a very minute amount, that and I baked a chocolate pumpkin cake because I needed to use some fresh roasted pumpkin. It took hubby and I a week to eat but a piece every night is not good.

Don't know how I'll do this week. Friday hubby and I are eating dinner out, 16 years ago Friday is the day we met. Lunch out and the Nutcracker with family on Sat. And Sunday also dinner out.

Oh boy, I'm toast. I'll really need to exercise more.

Good luck to all this week. Diana

Grrr, digital scales!! Does anyone else have this problem? I weighed this morning and then stepped off and back on, there was a 2 lb difference. So I am not sure if I lost 1 or 3 lbs. I'm gonna say I lost 1 lb, cause I would hate to say I lost 3 and then next week gain because I really didn't lose the 3lbs. Hope that made sense:o

Anyways, I am at lucky # 13lbs lost. Slow and steady is just fine with me. 1 lb during the holidays is good. Have been able to get out and walk most days - but its icy on the roads today so its not gonna happen.

This Thursday weighin helped me tremendously yesterday. I went to dentist, then grocery shopping. Before "diet" I would have had either candy or choc frosted doughnut (or both) for the long drive home (20 min. lol.) I wrestled with this all the way through the store. I didn't have time for lunch and it was 2:30. So, bought a banana and diet pepsi for the drive home:D Real proud of myself.

Congrats to the losers. And hang in there for the others who had a gain.

Elaine ~ Welcome to this thread! You did so well this week! I'm so proud of you!

Mo ~ You also had a good week!

Dall ~ I would take the 3 lbs lost. ;)

Diana ~ I guess you and I are going to have to try harder. It is going to be soooo hard until after the holidays. Sigh.

Sheila

Good morning losers! Sorry for the late post. Things have been a bit hectic here this week. I hate going to court. It takes my whole day, sometimes several days, and I can't get anything done! Why do people mess with my cases and make me go to court! :mad:

Anyway, I was down .8 this week. I'm hoping to get thru the holidays with small losses, or even staying the same. I promised myself I will get right back on a better track after the new year. I'm still aiming for 100 pounds total by mid January, so I need to stay on track. I'm at 92.8 right now. I think I can do it!

Well this friggin sucks! Throughout this year I gained ten pounds (gradually, so I didn't even know I gained it until I weighed myself two months ago). Anyway, I only lost seven pounds since then, and I have a cruise coming up next week! I don't think I'll lose those last three :( Which sucks because it really bothers me that's I'm 3 pounds heavier than my other holiday cruise I took last year (ooooh a whopping 3 pounds, big whoop!) LOL...it's not much I know, but it's those little things that really get to me and I can't seem to let them go! Oh well *sigh*

Archived