Carnival Spirit 8C Cabin 6115

iancal

We have never been on Carnival. Any feedback on this. DO 8C's really have a larger balcony? What is forward of us...not a balcony but something else. Will it block our view. Got this as an upgrade from *A but there appear to be some 8C's available a few cabins down. Thanks

6115 is a connecting cabin- you are connected to an inside cabin.

Cabins 6112 and 6115 at the bow have double-length balconies, but the outcropping at the forward bulkhead, the bridge wing right above them and the louvered venting that angles up the forward end of the balcony itself create a wind-tunnel effect that makes the space almost impossible to enjoy while at sea. They are also adjoining rooms, so you get no sofa and noise from the next cabin.

Thank you very much. We will stick with our 8A guarantee in the hopes of getting something better. We do not like adjoining but did not realize the sofa would be gone as well.

did your agent offer this cabin to you? Let the agent know that you want to be back in the guarantee status.

• 2 weeks later...

serene56...we were put back in the pool and re-assigned to 6127 which is probably a bit better. Is this really an extended balcony...looks standard to me. Also, we are sailing on March 4. There appear to be many, many unsold balcony cabins now that we are within the cancellation period. Do you know if Carnival will upgrade us even though we now have a cabin assignment? Thanks

serene56...we were put back in the pool and re-assigned to 6127 which is probably a bit better. Is this really an extended balcony...looks standard to me. Also, we are sailing on March 4. There appear to be many, many unsold balcony cabins now that we are within the cancellation period. Do you know if Carnival will upgrade us even though we now have a cabin assignment? Thanks

6127 is a standard balcony- Its an 8C. You could be moved but its rare.

Do not give your luggage to any porter until one of them verifies your cabin assignment

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone who has actually sailed in 6112 or 6115 on the Pride, Spirit, Lengend or Mircale comment on the wind situation? I have booked this cabin because it is connected to an inside cabin (for my kids), but am concerned over the wind issue. I like the fact the that balcony is larger and that I do not have to pay for a balcony for the kids. However, is the balcony unusable due to the wind? Is this a problem for 7105 / 7107 or 7106 / 7108 one deck higher? It would seem to me that it would be just as windy up there.

Thanks.

Eric813

Planned Future Cruises

Carnival Pride (CCL) - June 6-13, 2009

Pride of America (NCL) - November 7-14, 2009

Past Cruises

Norway (NCL) - December 1980

Festival (CCL) - December 18-25, 1982

Rhapsody (Paquet) - December 1983

Britanis (Chandris) - December 1985

Inspiration (CCL) - July 14-21, 1996

Imagination (CCL) - June 12-17, 2000

Explorer of the Seas (RCI) - November 6-13, 2005

Jewel (NCL) - July 2-9, 2006

Holiday (CCL) - March 3-8, 2007

Can anyone who has actually sailed in 6112 or 6115 on the Pride, Spirit, Lengend or Mircale comment on the wind situation? I have booked this cabin because it is connected to an inside cabin (for my kids), but am concerned over the wind issue. I like the fact the that balcony is larger and that I do not have to pay for a balcony for the kids. However, is the balcony unusable due to the wind? Is this a problem for 7105 / 7107 or 7106 / 7108 one deck higher? It would seem to me that it would be just as windy up there.

Eric-- i copied and pasted this from a review- you are better to go up to a higher deck. Please post this question on the main carnival board to get others input.

Cabins 6112 and 6115 at the bow have double-length balconies, but the outcropping at the forward bulkhead, the bridge wing right above them and the louvered venting that angles up the forward end of the balcony itself create a wind-tunnel effect that makes the space almost impossible to enjoy while at sea. They are also adjoining rooms, so you get no sofa and lots of noise from the next cabin.

• 2 years later...

This will be our first time on a Carnival Cruise, we are travelling as 3 adults and 1 x 7 year old child. We are wanting connecting rooms, but did not want a balcony for the cabin that has the child. I have read on here that it is possbile on the Carnival Spirit to get a interior and balcony connecting, which would give me peace of mind. Has anyone stayed in a cabin type like this and which area of the ship would be the best to book our connecting cabins. I have tried to find photos of these cabins, but I am not having much luck. Any advice from you seasoned cruisers would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

This will be our first time on a Carnival Cruise, we are travelling as 3 adults and 1 x 7 year old child. We are wanting connecting rooms, but did not want a balcony for the cabin that has the child. I have read on here that it is possbile on the Carnival Spirit to get a interior and balcony connecting, which would give me peace of mind. Has anyone stayed in a cabin type like this and which area of the ship would be the best to book our connecting cabins. I have tried to find photos of these cabins, but I am not having much luck. Any advice from you seasoned cruisers would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

so there are 4 people correct?

can you all go in one cabin?

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

6232 holds 4 people.

the 7 year old will have a tough time opening the door. There is a lock up top that he will need to climb on something to open it.

@ 7 they should know they can not be out there alone.

(if wanting 2 cabins-- the balcony cabin that connects to an inside is only available in the forward of the ship-- 2 combo cabins-- one on each side.

there is a total of 6 combos. deck 6, 7 and 8

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=20173352&postcount=2

the balcony is a balcony cabin- the inside is an inside- Photos on the net will show you what they look like. sometimes these cabins are booked as a single and not sold as the combo.

• 4 weeks later...
Eric-- i copied and pasted this from a review- you are better to go up to a higher deck. Please post this question on the main carnival board to get others input.

Cabins 6112 and 6115 at the bow have double-length balconies, but the outcropping at the forward bulkhead, the bridge wing right above them and the louvered venting that angles up the forward end of the balcony itself create a wind-tunnel effect that makes the space almost impossible to enjoy while at sea. They are also adjoining roo ms, so you get no sofa and lots of noise from the next cabin.

We are currently booked on Spirit in cabin 6240 and have the option to change to 7144. 6240 accomodates 3 and 7144 accomodates 4. Does anyone know which is the better of the two?? Thanks.

We have made our booking for the Carnival Spirit and we are in Cabins 7108 and 7106. A balcony connecting with a interior cabin. Wondering if anyone has stayed in these cabins, I am wondering about the wind on the balcony, as someone has mentioned in an earlier post that it is impossible to stand on the balcony on deck 6, because of the wind factor. Is this one of the larger balconies?

This is our first cruise on the Carnival Spirit and we are really looking forward to it, as the ship looks amazing

• 1 month later...

We are two solo travelers in 2 4K cabins and considering switching to 7106/7108 for the convenience of connecting rooms, plus the one balcony. This is for the 4/28 repositioning cruise of CCL Spirit from San Diego to Vancouver.

I am curious if there is any additional noise because of the location beneath the bridge, and the "wind tunnel" comment about similar balconies on deck 6. Any advice?

Thanks,

I am curious if there is any additional noise because of the location beneath the bridge, and the "wind tunnel" comment about similar balconies on deck 6. Any advice?

Thanks,

2591728090100985637DwlXic_th.jpg

with looking at the photo above- I can not see where this balcony would have a wind problem.

I also so not see where you should get noise from the bridge.

With a transAtlantic cruise you might get rough waters- and you will get that motion being so far forward

2591728090100985637DwlXic_th.jpg

with looking at the photo above- I can not see where this balcony would have a wind problem.

I also so not see where you should get noise from the bridge.

With a transAtlantic cruise you might get rough waters- and you will get that motion being so far forward

Serene56,

Thanks for the advice! BTW I always enjoy your posts.

Archived