100 push ups!

bobandkelly

I am starting the challenge tomorrow. Here is the link to the site

http://hundredpushups.com./

If anyone else wants to try it we can post weekly where we are at, how we are doing, are we seeing a difference.

Using your own body is free. No weights or gym required.

We don't have to start on the same day since we aren't in competition with each other. Just encouraging each other to build some muscle.

I did my test and can do 8 so I will be starting with level 2.

Even if you don't want to post it looks like something to try for the New Year! Don't wait till summer to get sexy toned arms, start now!

Kelly

I'm up for the challenge!

I did 9, so I am starting at Level 2. I will start Week 1 tomorrow.

I had not been to the gym for many months and I restarted last week. I really need it, I don't like being in bad shape as I am now. My mental health is so much better too when I workout regularly. Really, I don't know why I stopped, just too lazy I guess.

Can I ask you if you are a man/woman and how old you are? I'm a 29 years old woman.

Week 1 day 1 done. I do them the "regular" way. I was in the army but that was 10 years ago. I could do about 20 good ones + some not very nice ones. When they went crazy and made us do way too many, I did them on the knees (women were allowed to do so).

Have a good day!

Good work!

I started yesterday, right after a light breakfast before to hit the gym.

On top of those push-ups, I also did 12 minutes high intensity rowing machine (+ 30 minutes on the treadmill but this doesn't have to do with my arms).

I totally understand when you talk about being sore!

You'll probably be very sore tomorrow too but I think after a week or max 2 it shouldn't be too bad (maybe a little sore but not like now).

I'm so glad you suggested this program, thank you very much!

I just did 8, 10, 7,7 and the last set was at least 10. I pushed & got 15!! and today is my 49th birthday!! I also did my 3mi run/walk on the treadmill. When you get to be this age don't let anyone tell you that you can't make changes or can't stop the weight gain. You can!

I wasn't sore yesterday but probably because I had a massage on Wed. I'll see how I feel tomorrow! Will drink alot of water today, that helps.

I hope you have a great weekend! It is snowing out now and we are supposed to get 10 in! I'm kind of excited!

Kelly

Week 1, day 2 done. I completely forgot to do it yesterday after breakfast but I did it before to go to bed.

Wow, you did very well!

And the most important: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

(My mother is now 55 but at 49, she decided to take class to get her driving license, she had always been to scared to do it, so it's definitely possible to change things at any age).

Today, I did the push-ups but I have not been able to do the last 10. I did only 4 + another 4 after another 2 mins break.

I guess I will have to start week one over next week but it's ok, the important for me is to do my best and to improve through my efforts.

How is it going for you?

I didn't feel sore after Friday. I really thought I would.

Today I did week 2, day one. It was 9,11,8,8, at least 11. I could barely do the 11th one. But I survived! After this week I have to test again to see what level to begin week 3 on.

I've seen on another thread that people repeat weeks. I know my time will come. But I am doing the girl ones so maybe not for awhile!

My mom didn't learn to drive until her mid 40's and I have an aunt that didn't learn till in her mind 50's. I am so glad for both of them. You get alot of independence with driving. My mom is 81 and can still go out to bingo and get her own groceries...

Hope you have a good Monday!

Hey jp2001, are you still out there? I hope you have a nice Christmas. We will be going to my mom's weather permitting. So I won't be around for a few days.

Today I did level 2 day 2. 10, 12, 9,9,13. I could barely get that 13th one out. I want to go to 15 but there was no way! Oh well, Friday is another day!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I hope you had a good Christmas.

I did Level 1, day 2 today (6,8,6,6 & max 10). I don't feel much stronger but at least I can do the push ups better (better "line", I don't struggle as much to keep my but at the right height, not too high or too low).

Julie

Hi Julie, Christmas was good. The drive to my mom's yesterday was nice. Today the weather was not good when we woke up and it was only supposed to get worse so we packed up and left. Our plan was to stay until tomorrow. But if we did that we probably would not have got out tomorrow. Normally that would not be a problem except that we would not have got to see our DD since she had to get back home.

The short version of this is that I did not do my pushups today. I am debating whether or not I will do the tomorrow or if I'll wait till Monday. If I wait I am going to start over on week 2 again.

I hope you had a nice Christmas. Have you been getting alot of snow to? We are right now getting more rain & fog. Not good on top of the snow.

Kelly

Hi Julie (and anyone else who reads) I started week 2 again, day 1. I am staying in level 2.

So it was 9,11,8,8,11. I could not even do a 12th at the end so I think it was a good choice to do this week again.

This is open to anyone who wants to give it a try. It does not matter if we are on different weeks, levels. The only thing you have to lose is some time while you do it. And you'll gain some strength doing it!

Kelly

And it doesn't take much time either, about 10 minutes every other day.

I hope more people join us (I think some people are scared by the title but really, there are so many different ways to do the push-ups, I'm pretty sure anyone can do it).

No push-ups for me today but I went to the gym for my 30 minutes fast walk on the treadmill + 2000 meters on the rowing machine (I did it in less than 12 minutes, which is my goal). After the Holidays, I'll try to go at leas 4 times a week.

Hi Julie! I did week 2, day 2, level 2. 10,12,9,9,13

Again I did not want to get out of bed! It is so dark out it feels like the middle of the night! Getting up in the summer is so much easier. I am usually up before the alarm. Oh well, each day gets a little longer.

Hope you have a good day

Kelly

Happy New Year Julie!

I finished week 2 today! YEAH! I actually exercised everyday M-F this week. Now I'll take the weekend off. Except I will need to test to see what level I'll be on next week.

Today was 12,13,10,10, at least 15. I managed to do 16. Not alot more but at least it was one more!

Hope you have a good week end!

Kelly

I did my test today. I did 20 so I will start week 3 on Monday with level 1.

I also found a link to a 200 sit up challenge. So I'm starting that on Monday to.

Here's the link if your interested.

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/test.html

I found both of these while hanging out on myfitnesspal.com

It's an easy to use site for tracking food/exercise and has some fun and encouraging boards.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Kelly

Archived