100 push ups!

bobandkelly

Welcome to the Challenges themarm! It's always more fun when we are getting in shape together! This is a great time of year to be starting to work on our arms. To many times we wait till we put on that first short sleeved shirt of the year and go AAAHHHHH!

Happy Workouts!

Kelly

Welcome to the Challenges themarm! It's always more fun when we are getting in shape together! This is a great time of year to be starting to work on our arms. To many times we wait till we put on that first short sleeved shirt of the year and go AAAHHHHH!

Happy Workouts!

Kelly

:p I will submit that my AAAHHHHHH! has some expletives in it. :eek:

It is all good - I got solid once before from where I am now, and I will do it again!

Product alert - if anyone gets sore, the most superior product I have used is BioFreeze. I needed it after i was ion and nutrient deficient this summer and took a 30 mile bike ride in the Texas heat. Bad idea. Very bad idea. I got the nutrients under control, and a massage therapist and mineral soaks helped me the rest of the way through that painful week.

Good Monday Morning my Fellow Challengers!

Sit ups

Today I did week1, day 1, level 3

at least 14, I did 20

Push ups

week 3, day 1, level 1

at least 9, I did 12

I also did my regular Monday 3mi run/walk on the treadmill with some upper body weights.

I hope you all have a good Monday!

Happy Exercising!

Kelly

Good Monday Morning my Fellow Challengers!

Sit ups

Today I did week1, day 1, level 3

at least 14, I did 20

Push ups

week 3, day 1, level 1

at least 9, I did 12

I also did my regular Monday 3mi run/walk on the treadmill with some upper body weights.

I hope you all have a good Monday!

Happy Exercising!

Kelly

WooHoo! I did week 1, day 2 last night! I was uber sore after day 1, but stretched and Biofreezed myself into the workout last night. I am so much better today! The second column over is level 2, right? That is what I am doing. I can see that I progressed just a bit last night over what I had previously done. I can see how this is going to build!!!!

Yes themarm, the second column is level 2.

I know what you mean about sore when you first start out. But it gets better real fast. I'm only on week 3. I get sore but nothing like before. It's a good sore that let's me know I did something! I don't even have to biofreeze it now.

Today in pushups I did week 3, day 2, level 1

at least 12, I did 15

Situps

week 1, day 2, level 3

at least 18, I did 25

I hope everyone enjoys their soreness! It means you worked your muscles. Be proud of that!

Kelly

I hope everyone enjoys their soreness! It means you worked your muscles. Be proud of that!

Kelly

so true. however, i have been known to overdo it and then the sore borders on injury. my hubby helped with a massage yesterday, so i felt GRAND today, even after the exercises.

i have modified the situp program to make them done on a decline bench. good gracious, i can feel every inch of those! don't forget the obliques! ;)

Julie, I hope you're recovering from your cold. Around here it seems that people that have got it are having a hard time getting rid of it. It just wants to hang on.

themarm, lucky you getting a massage! I might have to try for one!

Today in sit ups. Week 1, day 3, level 3

at least 20, I did 25

Pushups week 3, day 3, level 1

For both I start that first set and think these are so easy! But the third set I'm thinking these are kind of hard. By the end I am glad it's over! Then I'm really happy with myself, especially today because I did my whole week!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Kelly

I think I may try this out. I just tried it out and did 7 so I guess it's level 2 for me. I'm cruising in April and need to lose some weight and tone up. I'm currently training for a walking half marathon but needed something else that didn't involve my legs because I have an ankle injury. I'm doing 18KM walk on sunday:eek:. I'll try day 1 on monday and see how it goes...that's if I'm still standing;)

I think I may try this out. I just tried it out and did 7 so I guess it's level 2 for me. I'm cruising in April and need to lose some weight and tone up. I'm currently training for a walking half marathon but needed something else that didn't involve my legs because I have an ankle injury. I'm doing 18KM walk on sunday:eek:. I'll try day 1 on monday and see how it goes...that's if I'm still standing;)

welcome!!!

Hi,

I went to the gym every day this week (Monda to Friday that is) and I did some pushups and situps but I don't think I'll continue the 100 pushups program because I find it very hard for me (probably because I am stubborn and want to do the normal pushups, not the modified version). I follow the program guidelines (like 12-13-12-12-Max) and when I can do them, then I switch the the next "day" but I don't change days every day.

I also started eating better and recording my food intake with SparkPeople.com. I did very good this week and I'm proud of myself.

Good luck the the 100's programs.

Hi,

I went to the gym every day this week (Monda to Friday that is) and I did some pushups and situps but I don't think I'll continue the 100 pushups program because I find it very hard for me (probably because I am stubborn and want to do the normal pushups, not the modified version). I follow the program guidelines (like 12-13-12-12-Max) and when I can do them, then I switch the the next "day" but I don't change days every day.

I also started eating better and recording my food intake with SparkPeople.com. I did very good this week and I'm proud of myself.

Good luck the the 100's programs.

that is too bad! i have started with the modified pushups. by the time i can do 100 modified, i expect i can do 20 military style, then i can start over! :p

I started Week 1 Day 1 level 2 today and did the regular push up except for the last ones. I just couldn't anymore.

5 (modified)

I think I'm going to move to the modified version and once I can do 100, I'll move to the regular push-up. I'm pretty happy with the results but was way too hard and I have blister on my toes (from my 18K walk yesterday) which was not feeling too good since I was doing the regular pushup.

Hi little dipper! Glad you're wanting to give it a try! I'm doing the modified to with the goal that after I can do 100 this way then I'll try the regular.

For me on pushups

week 4, day 1, level 1

at least 16 and that is all I did, thought I would die! Mondays always seem to be the hardest for me.

Situps

week 2, day 1, level 3

at least 22 and I did 30.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Kelly

Good Morning Challengers!

Monday was a hard day for me. So today I did my treadmill then pushups, situps, weights. Doing the weights last made the pushups easier and the weights harder. I think it's probably good to mix them up.

Push ups, week 4, day 2, level 1

at least 18. I did 20, there was no way I could go even one more!

Sit ups, week 2, day 2, level 3

at least 26. I did 35.

littledipper, I do the modified pushups to. I couldn't even do one of the regular! At least this way I'm doing something. And something is always better than nothing.

Kelly

Good Morning! I can't believe it's Friday! I need to test in both the situps and pushups this weekend. My stomach is really starting to feel the situps. But I guess that's a good thing!

Today for sit ups was

week 2, day 3, level 3

30 I probably did a few more than 30 but I was listening to the radio and lost count. It's bad when you can't count to 30!

pushups week 4, day 3, level 1

YEAH!! for all of you that are trying these challenges.

For me I think it's good because I'm doing something I never thought I'd do.

I hope you have a good weekend! I'll let you know how my tests go.

Kelly

Here's my story. I did my tests yesterday. Sit ups I did 65. Push ups 30.

Sit ups I move on to week 3, stay at level 3, today was day 1

But push ups. If I had done 31 I would have moved on to week 5. But since I did 30 I am staying at week 4 again. But it moved me to level 3 (I did 1 last week) I tried day one today and could not finish it. I came close but it was to much. So on Wed. I am moving down to level 2.

This is hard but I want to satisfaction of saying "I did it!"

Kelly

Here's my story. I did my tests yesterday. Sit ups I did 65. Push ups 30.

Sit ups I move on to week 3, stay at level 3, today was day 1

But push ups. If I had done 31 I would have moved on to week 5. But since I did 30 I am staying at week 4 again. But it moved me to level 3 (I did 1 last week) I tried day one today and could not finish it. I came close but it was to much. So on Wed. I am moving down to level 2.

This is hard but I want to satisfaction of saying "I did it!"

Kelly

You are doing so well!!!! Keep going! I can do 32 pushups now!

Situps are a different story. Did I mention I decided to do them declined? I can struggle to do 30 of them. In fact, I have been nauseated finishing the last few a couple of times, and yesterday I actually did have some reflux. Gross. But I also only had 4 more to do, so I spit it and did them.

My stomach is gaining definition, and has flattened inward. I am not getting very high in numbers, but I give it ALL that I can and I am loving the results after three weeks.

These challenges are EXACTLY what I needed to add to my regime, and I thank you so much for pointing me in their direction. It has become one of my goals to complete and maintain these challenge completions!

Thanks for your encouragement themarm. Wow! you are doing awesome on your push ups. I'm glad that your enjoying the challenge. I found them on myfitnesspal.com It's a great site for tracking food and exercise. And they have a good community board. Lots of encouragement and ideas.

I did ok today. I'm wondering if I will repeat this week again next week. But I'll decide that later.

What do you mean you're doing the situps on a decline? Is your head down or your feet down? There is now way I could do head down. I'd definately be sick! I think for me because I've done pilates that the sit ups are easier.

Here is me today.

Pushups week 4, day 2, level 2

25 I did 24 and could not get that 25th one in. That's why I'm thinking of repeating this week again next week.

Sit ups week 3, day 2, level 3

38 and I did 45

Kelly

Archived