Just back from Pearl 12/14 Any Questions?

wkelly5688

Does anyone have a copy of the main dining room menus that they could post. Or is there anyone who can give me an idea of what to expect from the menus so I don't have too high of expectations and then get bummed later. I really want to see chocolate souffle and creme brulee ob the dessert menu at least once :D

Thanks.

[quote name='tomsuelaw']Does anyone have a copy of the main dining room menus that they could post. Or is there anyone who can give me an idea of what to expect from the menus so I don't have too high of expectations and then get bummed later. I really want to see chocolate souffle and creme brulee ob the dessert menu at least once :D

Thanks.[/quote]

Creme brulee was on the menu, I don't remember if it was in Mambo's only or at Summer Palace. My husband had it and loved it. The cheesecake at Blue Lagoon was incredible. I did not see chocolate souffle on the menu, but the Chocolate buffet on Fri evening 10-11 had just about anything and it was advertised in the Freeystyle daily. You have to read them closely, they are jam packed with info. I found marking off the things we wanted to do helped, otherwise I would have a problem trying to remember everything. We loved the food in the no pay restaurants. The rack of lamb was superb. I'm a foodie and cook and bake alot, so I don't know what people expect. My husband loved the duck and salmon also. Also, as far as nickle and diming it, you decide what you want to spend your money on. No one hassles you for anything. My friend who always sails on RCL says she pays for alot also. She is one of their primo cruisers. No one mentioned it, but the iced tea is also a free drink. We ordered it at dinner a few times. We also ate at Cagney's and Mambo's. It's everything others said and more. We had the free Marguaritas (frozen and regular). Also the shrimp coctail at Cagney's was huge. We had a 2for1 coupon first night. Ask your TA for some. Also, they do have 2for1 early bird (5:30-6:50) on Tues nite for some pay restaurants. Check the Freestyle dailies, and make reservations because it goes fast.

We loved the cruise, sailed 12/14-12/21. Would go again in a heartbeat! :)

[quote name='caednjshore']Creme brulee was on the menu, I don't remember if it was in Mambo's only or at Summer Palace. My husband had it and loved it. The cheesecake at Blue Lagoon was incredible. I did not see chocolate souffle on the menu, but the Chocolate buffet on Fri evening 10-11 had just about anything and it was advertised in the Freeystyle daily. You have to read them closely, they are jam packed with info. I found marking off the things we wanted to do helped, otherwise I would have a problem trying to remember everything. We loved the food in the no pay restaurants. The rack of lamb was superb. I'm a foodie and cook and bake alot, so I don't know what people expect. My husband loved the duck and salmon also. Also, as far as nickle and diming it, you decide what you want to spend your money on. No one hassles you for anything. My friend who always sails on RCL says she pays for alot also. She is one of their primo cruisers. No one mentioned it, but the iced tea is also a free drink. We ordered it at dinner a few times. We also ate at Cagney's and Mambo's. It's everything others said and more. We had the free Marguaritas (frozen and regular). Also the shrimp coctail at Cagney's was huge. We had a 2for1 coupon first night. Ask your TA for some. Also, they do have 2for1 early bird (5:30-6:50) on Tues nite for some pay restaurants. Check the Freestyle dailies, and make reservations because it goes fast.

We loved the cruise, sailed 12/14-12/21. Would go again in a heartbeat! :)[/quote]

Thank you for sharing, I value your opinion and appreciate your input. You said ask your "TA" for coupons what does TA stand for and where do I find him or her? THANKS!!!

[quote name='tomsuelaw']I thought I remembered the buffet having a free soda fountain the last time we cruised with NCL (it was a while ago). DO they still serve soda at the buffet or do they charge for that now?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll find any free soda on the ship.

You also asked about menus. If you check this thread, the poster has a link to his photos with pictures of each menu. However, he was on a Christmas season cruise, & I don't know how much that made changes in the menus.

Archived