Once they fix propulsion on Miracle...

peppymom98

Will their May cruise go back to the original itinerary? Our cruise started out as a SanJuan etc but changed due to propulsion to Bahamas, Grand Turk. I really really want to go to these ports but Im hoping they won't revert back to the San Juan once the propulsion is fixed. I know there's no way to be sure but anyone care to guess?

I was wondering the same thing.

We're booked for May 16. I liked the original itinerary, then the change came out and I got used to Bahamas/GT and decided that will be awesome too...Now wondering if we will revert...

At least we have time!

I was on the September 14th sailing out of NYC and we were also advised there were issues with the propulsion engines and we were switched from Tortola to GT.

When there were all the hurricanes and GT tragically got hit, we got re-routed back to Tortola. We were coming from St. Thomas and Tortola is 6 miles away.

We started to doubt it was an issue with the propulsion engines as much as possibly port costs to Tortola..

Seemed a little like the port of GT was being pushed cause they built a new pier??

Did the Carnival Miracle enter drydock sometime following your Sept 14th cruise? Does anyone know?

If it didn't, and was not repaired ... it should not come as a surprise to passengers that the "propulsion problem" has resurfaced...

Which leaves me wondering... why are these poor passengers just hearing about this issue now???

We're on the April 22 Miracle and our itinerary is San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk. When did your itinerary change? All of May is Nassau, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay.

Also, I noticed the itinerary changes back in mid June to SJ, ST and GT.

The Miracle goes into drydock in end of Feb / early March timeframe.

Most of us on the CC boards knew about the propulsion problems a long time ago...It was just a matter of when she was heading to drydock. Now that the date has been decided, we just need to wait for her to be fixed.

The Miracle goes into drydock in end of Feb / early March timeframe.

Most of us on the CC boards knew about the propulsion problems a long time ago...It was just a matter of when she was heading to drydock. Now that the date has been decided, we just need to wait for her to be fixed.

That's not the question though. I think we all knew about the propulsion and drydock. The question has to do with the itinerary in May having changed.

I thought Carnival announced the Bahamas itinerary before the propulsion problems and advertised it as another option for sailings from NYC. Then, after the problems, the original San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola itinerary was changed to San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk.

If any itineraries were changed back, I think it would only be the San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk ones going back to Tortola.

That's not the question though. I think we all knew about the propulsion and drydock. The question has to do with the itinerary in May having changed.

Ummm...Actually I was responding to Batman's question about whether the Miracle had gone into drydock after Sept 14.

As to you, the original itin that I booked for the May 16 cruise was San Juan, St Thomas, and Tortola. Then it became San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk. Then in early September it became Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Do I have a reason for it changing? No, that is why I seconded the OPs question as to whether it would change back.

Archived