Best Beach?

DancerOT

Thanks so much. As a 28 year old who teaches 7th graders I realize they know more then we give them credit for. But I figure it can be a bit embarrasing for a 14 year old girl to go to a nude beach with her 15 year old brother, 15 year old cousin, parents, aunts and uncles, yadaydada. We figure there are lots of beautiful beaches, might as well pick one that won't embarrass her.

Keep in mind that you may encounter topless sunbathers at any of the beaches on the French side.

Joeybun is correct, but to explain a little further - you may encounter topless sunbathers at any of the beaches on the entire island not just the French side. Less likely to see on some Dutch beaches like at Great Bay or Little Bay.

Joeybun is correct, but to explain a little further - you may encounter topless sunbathers at any of the beaches on the entire island not just the French side. Less likely to see on some Dutch beaches like at Great Bay or Little Bay.

True dat!

DancerOT; I too will be in St Martin (12-28-1-4) and will have two 14 year old teens with me. I am also looking for a beach with water activities for our children and ourselves, a bar is also a plus! As little nudity as possibe is what I'm looking for. I am also thinking about renting ATV'S for us. This will have to be outside the cruise ship though (Carnival doesn't have any posted). Any idea's or advise from anyone?

Thank You!

Happy Cruisin'

we are big fans of dawn beach. there is a beach bar there, mr. busby's, that serves full meals as well as bar food and drinks. there are also several vendors renting lounges and umbrellas. there are generally good waves and a beautiful view. we will be spending our day there withg our family in february. have not seen any nudity there on our many visits to this beach. have a great day!

steve

Which beach would you recommend for two 26 year olds (1 male and female). I have never been there before and I heard about Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay. Would you recommed those or a different beach? Thanks!

Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay are both on St. John, not St. Martin...so I would definitely recommend a different beach ;)

If it's your first time to St. Martin I would recommend Orient Beach.

You can walk there ina bout 10 minutes, no need to take the water taxi..... You just go out of the port area and make a left, continue on the walk to the beach area.... when you get near the shops you will make a left again. Nice walk with nice shops before the beach too. There are bars there and shopping. Easy to walk to for sure.

We just got back 2 weeks ago. On St Martin, we went to Anse Marcel. This beach was recommended to us by a couple of store workers in town. We were looking for a quiet beach away from most of the cruise ship passengers. What a great find! I can't imagine a better beach anywhere. Long stretch of white sand with a calm bay. There is a great beach bar and restaurant, clean bathrooms and padded lounges and umbrellas that you can rent (we were not charged as we ordered a few drinks and tipped well). The beach is right between 2 beautiful hotels. It was practically deserted. Because the beach is on the French side, the prices for drinks are a little high, but all in all this was a great beach. We hired a cab in town to take us there (he took us by Orient beach first and we're happy we did not stay there............too many nude old men) Anse Marcel was about 10 minutes from Orient. Our driver was happy to wait for us at the beach (about 3 hours) and then took us back to town. I think the cost was about $70 or $80 for the 4 of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Ask the taxi driver to take you to the WESTIN HOTEL at DAWN BEACH. I have done this 3 times on initial advice of local. You are allowed to do this, without staying at hotel. Hotels required to provide access as condition of obtaining property. Walk through lobby to beach. You can use restrooms, Shops in hotel also. First 2 times I needed to rent towel/chair for $5... a steal. Last visit 12/08 they did not even ask for $5 any more. food and drink reasonable at bar at beach if you want. I never had more than 10 folks on beach. Highly recomended. I am going back fourth time to this beach on Feb 2009 cruise. If you do not specify westin hotel, and only say Dawn Beach, they will take you to beach/restaurant that gives kickback to driver. Good Luck!

Ask the taxi driver to take you to the WESTIN HOTEL at DAWN BEACH. I have done this 3 times on initial advice of local. You are allowed to do this, without staying at hotel. Hotels required to provide access as condition of obtaining property. Walk through lobby to beach. You can use restrooms, Shops in hotel also. First 2 times I needed to rent towel/chair for $5... a steal. Last visit 12/08 they did not even ask for $5 any more. food and drink reasonable at bar at beach if you want. I never had more than 10 folks on beach. Highly recomended. I am going back fourth time to this beach on Feb 2009 cruise. If you do not specify westin hotel, and only say Dawn Beach, they will take you to beach/restaurant that gives kickback to driver. Good Luck!

How much is taxi to Westin at Dawn Beach and is snorkeling good right there?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

we stayed at the westin for 10 days last year and rarely used the beach. it is very open and the hotel had no umbrellas for relief. so we went over to the real beach by mr. busby's and rented chairs and umbrellas and ate at the beach bar. much better experience. snorkeling is limited in both locations and the water is usually rough, making the snorkeling an effort.

steve

In general, snorkeling off the beach on St. Martin is not the best in the Caribbean. The beaches are wonderful; the water is warm; there are plenty of activities. We didn't even bother bringing our snorkel gear (we have our own) off the ship. We had a fantastic time anyway.

beachchick

Archived