Our Misadventures on the Galaxy from Pope and Goats to Columbus and the Fat Virgin

SailorJack

Yeah, got a message from CC reminding me that vulgarities are not allowed, and they removed my post. Funny, but I never considered a 3-letter word for my bottom (or a donkey) to be vulgar.

They can look it up for themselves in Merriam-Webster.

1 : any of several hardy gregarious African or Asian perissodactyl mammals (genus Equus) smaller than the horse and having long ears; especially : an African mammal (E. asinus) that is the ancestor of the donkey

Wasn't it even used in the Bible?

To Sailor Jack, here is another huge Thank You for the great review, and also thanks to the poster who revived this thread to the benefit of all who missed it the first time around.

They can look it up for themselves in Merriam-Webster.

1 : any of several hardy gregarious African or Asian perissodactyl mammals (genus Equus) smaller than the horse and having long ears; especially : an African mammal (E. asinus) that is the ancestor of the donkey

Wasn't it even used in the Bible?

To Sailor Jack, here is another huge Thank You for the great review, and also thanks to the poster who revived this thread to the benefit of all who missed it the first time around.

Yes, I believe it was a jawbone...LOL:D

• 1 year later...

I was referred to your review because of some concerns we have had about taking a transatlantic cruise. I have had some help about that from the rollcall, but your review has clinched the deal! I didn't know you could have so much fun on such a cruise!:D

I was referred to your review because of some concerns we have had about taking a transatlantic cruise. I have had some help about that from the rollcall, but your review has clinched the deal! I didn't know you could have so much fun on such a cruise!:D

Glad you enjoyed the review. We did, indeed have a great time on the Galaxy. We would have cruised on her again, but I think I remember a post saying that it had been sold. If true, then that would be the third ship we have sailed on that was sold after we got off.:eek:

I don't know what your concerns were regarding a TA cruise, but we have done three of them and they were all a delight. I know you will enjoy yours.

Glad you enjoyed the review. We did, indeed have a great time on the Galaxy. We would have cruised on her again, but I think I remember a post saying that it had been sold. If true, then that would be the third ship we have sailed on that was sold after we got off.:eek:

I don't know what your concerns were regarding a TA cruise, but we have done three of them and they were all a delight. I know you will enjoy yours.

We are truly your neighbor . I have bookmarked your reviews . My husband keeps wondering why I'm laughing out loud to myself...:p

CC

True there's only one Dave Barry, but to be mentioned in the same sentence with him is an honor. :D

Wish I could write as well as you. :(

Thank-you. As I have said before, Dave was one of my favorite columnists and I probably adopted a little of his style.

We are truly your neighbor . I have bookmarked your reviews . My husband keeps wondering why I'm laughing out loud to myself...:p

CC

Glad you enjoy them. I am not sure, however, that I understood your "we are truly your neighbor" comment. Common writing styles?

It was fun to see this one again...looking forward to your next one!

Next one should be in early December - from our Singapore to Syndey cruise on the Diamond Princess.

Archived