Need suggestion Imagination or destiny?

dfishner

We will be taking our daughter and her two kids. 3 & 9 on the first cruise this June. I am not ready to book prices are still a little high but need suggestion on which ship Imagination or Destiny. They both have 4 days same itinerary about the same cost. I know the destiny is newer and also larger where the imagination is a fantasy class. I know both have been refurbish. Which would you choose thanks so much

We will be taking our daughter and her two kids. 3 & 9 on the first cruise this June. I am not ready to book prices are still a little high but need suggestion on which ship Imagination or Destiny. They both have 4 days same itinerary about the same cost. I know the destiny is newer and also larger where the imagination is a fantasy class. I know both have been refurbish. Which would you choose thanks so much

If you want a balcony room, I'd go with the Destiny since the Imagination's only balconies are suites. If you want inside or OV, I'd go with the Imagination. The Imagination's been completely redone with an adult Serenity area and Water Works area, which is great for the kids.

If you want a balcony room, I'd go with the Destiny since the Imagination's only balconies are suites. If you want inside or OV, I'd go with the Imagination. The Imagination's been completely redone with an adult Serenity area and Water Works area, which is great for the kids.

Thank you for your reply, we might go for the balcony for us and an inside or ov for our daughter and kids. I need to ask a follow up question is their a charge for the children program?

Thank you for your reply, we might go for the balcony for us and an inside or ov for our daughter and kids. I need to ask a follow up question is their a charge for the children program?

No charge for the general kid's program (Camp Carnival), but some activities, like the sleepover party, Build a Bear, and late night group babysitting do have a charge.

No charges for kid programs except some special activities like Build a Bear.

I haven't been on a Fantasy class ship--yet--but I would unequivocally cruise on Destiny again. It's almost as large as the Conquest class ships (ALMOST), it has the water slide like the Conquest class ships, the big screen out on the Lido, etc.

We were just on her in November. If the price/itinerary was right, I would go on Destiny again in a heartbeat.

JMHO...

I have been on both ships. If each ship's respective destinations are not a driving force and since children are with you, I would suggest you go Destiny. In June - lot's of kids will be out of school and on vacation. It is likely that the larger ship will afford more kids, more Camp Carnival help, and lots more stuff for the kids to do. With the kids under someone else's watch for a few hours each day, the Destiny will allow more for the adults to do. In the end, the larger ship will afford a larger variety of recreational options and everyone will have a great experience!

Huh? They are identical, down to the times.

Do you prefer Destiny's Thursday departure to Imagination's Monday sailaway?

I will admit I don't read quiet as well as I used to but these look different to me:

Carnival Imagination Departs: Miami, FL ,Monday Itinerary: Western Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Key West, FL ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Fun Day At Sea ; Miami, FL

Carnival Imagination Departs: Miami, FL ,Friday Itinerary: Bahamas: Miami, FL ; Nassau, Bahamas ; Fun Day At Sea ; Nassau, Bahamas ; Miami, FL

Carnival Destiny Departs: Miami, FL ,Monday Itinerary: Eastern Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Fun Day At Sea ; Grand Turk ; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas ; Nassau, Bahamas ; Miami, FL

Carnival Destiny Departs: Miami, FL ,Saturday Itinerary: Western Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Fun Day At Sea ; Ocho Rios, Jamaica ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Fun Day At Sea ; Miami, FL

I will admit I don't read quiet as well as I used to but these look different to me:

Carnival Imagination Departs: Miami, FL ,Monday Itinerary: Western Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Key West, FL ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Fun Day At Sea ; Miami, FL

Carnival Imagination Departs: Miami, FL ,Friday Itinerary: Bahamas: Miami, FL ; Nassau, Bahamas ; Fun Day At Sea ; Nassau, Bahamas ; Miami, FL

Carnival Destiny Departs: Miami, FL ,Monday Itinerary: Eastern Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Fun Day At Sea ; Grand Turk ; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas ; Nassau, Bahamas ; Miami, FL

Carnival Destiny Departs: Miami, FL ,Saturday Itinerary: Western Caribbean: Miami, FL ; Fun Day At Sea ; Ocho Rios, Jamaica ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Fun Day At Sea ; Miami, FL

You're absolutely right. However, the OP is only looking at the 4 day itineraries though, and those two are identical with the Imagination leaving on Monday and the Destiny leaving on Thursday.

One thing for you to consider. I just returned from the Imagination with my 4 year old. There is no children's pool. A 3 yr. old will be too small for all of the water slides. My 4 yr old was too little to swim in the one big pool full of teens and adults and she was too short for the water slides. My little girl loves the water - this was definately a problem. I will say, however, the kids club staff was the best.

Thank you for all your replies, I am leaning towards the destiny really did not make a difference which days the ship left. We everything being equal, same itinerary, about the same cost I think the destiny would be better fit for us.

Thanks again.

Just returned from my first cruise on the Imagination. We loved the ship and the recent renovations really showed. The ship seemed almost brand new and was just the right size for us.

With the addition of WaterWorks, there is now only one pool on the Imagination, but the larger WaterWorks area more than makes up for it. Even if your children are too small for the waterslides, they have other water play features on the deck. The adult serenity deck is wonderful, but was very busy after the first day.

Our cruise (12/15 sailing) was at capacity with 518 children onboard according to the cruise director, but Camp Carnival kept the kids so busy that it never seemed like there were many children on the ship.

Skip, the cruise director on the Imagination, is very entertaining and made sure that everyone was having fun.

One of the biggest benefits of the Fantasy class ships is that they only carry about 2,000 passengers vs. 3,360 on the Destiny. Even though the ship was sold out, we never felt crowded on the Imagination and never had a problem getting a chair on deck, even during our at-sea day. Lines were never an issue except maybe for the Mongolian Grill at lunch time, which is understandable do to the cooked-to-order nature of the food. I chose the Imagination over the Destiny mainly because I have read so many reviews that complain of long lines and lack of deck space on the Destiny and because the Imagination has just completed its very extensive renovations, which also included completely renovated cabins.

Just returned from my first cruise on the Imagination. We loved the ship and the recent renovations really showed. The ship seemed almost brand new and was just the right size for us.

With the addition of WaterWorks, there is now only one pool on the Imagination, but the larger WaterWorks area more than makes up for it. Even if your children are too small for the waterslides, they have other water play features on the deck. The adult serenity deck is wonderful, but was very busy after the first day.

Our cruise (12/15 sailing) was at capacity with 518 children onboard according to the cruise director, but Camp Carnival kept the kids so busy that it never seemed like there were many children on the ship.

Skip, the cruise director on the Imagination, is very entertaining and made sure that everyone was having fun.

One of the biggest benefits of the Fantasy class ships is that they only carry about 2,000 passengers vs. 3,360 on the Destiny. Even though the ship was sold out, we never felt crowded on the Imagination and never had a problem getting a chair on deck, even during our at-sea day. Lines were never an issue except maybe for the Mongolian Grill at lunch time, which is understandable do to the cooked-to-order nature of the food. I chose the Imagination over the Destiny mainly because I have read so many reviews that complain of long lines and lack of deck space on the Destiny and because the Imagination has just completed its very extensive renovations, which also included completely renovated cabins.

Thanks for this info ! I also have to decide between the two ships.:D

I have cruised Imagination twice once pre-refurb and once after. Both time we really enjoyed her. We have only cruised in Jan. but our boys have gone with both times they are 8 and 13 now. They each loved it each time had a blast at camp. I had no complaints with her at all.

Now we leave Jan 3 on Destiny so have no idea what that will be like. We wanted to try a different class of ships.

So can let you know more in a few weeks. But at this point anything beats MN. This cold and snow are really chapping me

I have cruised Imagination twice once pre-refurb and once after. Both time we really enjoyed her. We have only cruised in Jan. but our boys have gone with both times they are 8 and 13 now. They each loved it each time had a blast at camp. I had no complaints with her at all.

Now we leave Jan 3 on Destiny so have no idea what that will be like. We wanted to try a different class of ships.

So can let you know more in a few weeks. But at this point anything beats MN. This cold and snow are really chapping me

Please post a review when you return. I would enjoy reading your comparsion between the two ships.

Thanks and Hope to see your review when you return. My DS is 9 and I want a ship and stops that he will enjoy and this ship and trip (Cozumel,Key West sounds good) Thanks once more for the info..:)

Archived