Hotel in Upper East Side, NYC

beckntom

I'm hoping someone can recommend a hotel for the vicinity of York Avenue and 72nd Street. We'd like one that is decent, of course, but not ridiculously expensive. This is for a trip in the first part of March, so the rates should be somewhat lower at that time. We'd like to keep it under $250 per night. Any suggestions?

I'm hoping someone can recommend a hotel for the vicinity of York Avenue and 72nd Street. We'd like one that is decent, of course, but not ridiculously expensive. This is for a trip in the first part of March, so the rates should be somewhat lower at that time. We'd like to keep it under $250 per night. Any suggestions?

Actually, March is very busy in Manhattan because of heavy business travel so rates aren't as cheap as they are in January and early February.

That said, the area you are looking in is pretty swank as are the hotels. The Plaza Athenee, The Pierre, The Carlyle, The Mark, The Surrey Hotel, and The Lowell are the only ones I can think of.

Did you try hotwire for your dates? The area is also pretty residential so I'm not sure if there is the choice of hotels that Times Square or other parts of the island boast.

There are less expensive options in other locations if you are interested. York Avenue is a bit of a walk to the subway lines but the Lex line runs right up throught the middle of the UES.

I'll take a look at the hotels you mentioned, but I'm sure you're right--they even sound "swank"! I'll also check out Hotwire and would certainly be interested in hearing about less expensive options in other locations. We'll be visiting a relative in the York Avenue area but will also want to do the touristy New York things. So being in the "middle of the action" wouldn't be a bad thing.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you very much. I'll check into it. It's certainly close enough!

I know people who have stayed there, plus I happen to work at the hospital, which is why I know about it. It's pretty reasonable and actually quite nice, not as fancy though as some as the midtown ones. Just remember, it's not close to the subways, but Manhattan is a walking town and you have friends who live right there.

That said, the area you are looking in is pretty swank as are the hotels. The Plaza Athenee, The Pierre, The Carlyle, The Mark, The Surrey Hotel, and The Lowell are the only ones I can think of.

I love the Lowell - especially the rooms with the working fireplaces! :)

http://hotelbentleynewyork.com/index.asp

The hotel Bentley is another hotel on York Avenue, on 62nd Street. I don't know the prices or much about the hotel other than it is right by the Animal Medical Center and it's also right by what I call the "York Avenue Mountain" which is pretty steep "hill". Since it's not in the "center" of town, it might have better prices.

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed information. We have made other arrangements so that we won't need a hotel this trip, but I do appreciate your help and guidance. I've learned a lot just by researching the hotel information you've provided. I'm sure someone else will benefit by this thread as well!

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed information. We have made other arrangements so that we won't need a hotel this trip, but I do appreciate your help and guidance. I've learned a lot just by researching the hotel information you've provided. I'm sure someone else will benefit by this thread as well!

Have a great time in New York!

Archived