Australia Day question

Diddles62

Hi. Diddles Eagleboys mum here. I have been on a ship when it was Valentines Day and they made a huge Display of balloons and cakes in the shape of hearts etc. so i am expecting that they would do something similar perhaps lamingtons and pavlova etc. Am lookin around at the cheap shops for a cheap tee shirt with the flag etc to wear on the day as it will be a full day at sea on our way home worst luck.:(

Thanks for replying Eagleboys mum :D am starting to think we will be the only ones going LMAO.

Was thinking about grabbing something for the day not sure what thou :rolleyes:

Skiclubbers cool both ships might have the same sort of thing :) will have to compare notes :p

Skiclubbers cool both ships might have the same sort of thing :) will have to compare notes :p

We'll be at the Whitsunday's. I'm thinking they might move the Australian Dinner forward to Australia Day instead of the traditional last night of the cruise, and hopefully they'll bring back G'day G'day for the show.

BTW - that was me posting using Skiclubber's (my parent's) log in - I was lazy and could be bothered logging out and logging in with my username to answer!!

We'll be at the Whitsunday's. I'm thinking they might move the Australian Dinner forward to Australia Day instead of the traditional last night of the cruise, and hopefully they'll bring back G'day G'day for the show.

BTW - that was me posting using Skiclubber's (my parent's) log in - I was lazy and could be bothered logging out and logging in with my username to answer!!

My bet is that neither will happen. I think when a production show is finished the costumes and sets are retired from the ship. You can still hope. :):)

Evon.

• 3 weeks later...

hi there im new to this me and my hubby are going on the whitsunday cruise 24.01.09 and was wondering the same thing if they will be celebrating aust day on it as was going to purchase some things before we go does anyone know and as its our first cruise can anyone tell me what the ps is like, and what the drinks cost for beer and softdrink ..thanx :)

Hi Nett,

Am a bundle of nerves and very anxious myself :o My mind is going 100 mile per hour :eek: now DH wants me to rush around tomorrow for Australia Day stuff :mad: as if I dont have enough to do already :rolleyes:

We are planning on hooking up with Tanya and her son Mark aka "Eagleboy", Sunday mid morning somewhere near the Wharf..... if you would like to join us earlier feel free. Tanya phoned me last night and we agreed to sms each other when there and take it from there. If you would like to contact us via mobile etc just email me and we can exchange mobile numbers if you like.

snoopyoutback@hotmail.com

:D Diana LOL

Mike has organised the following:-

Hi all,

Ok.. it seems that everyone is happy with meeting port side around the Lido Bar / Ice cream bar area on Deck 12. I think 2.30pm is a good time so we will have an hour before the lifeboat drill which is usually at 3.30pm.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers,

- Mike.

Archived