Arrival time question

Dgoodname

I have a question about arrival time in port versus the actual time you can leave the ship. I am sailing on Monarch of the Seas and they list an arrival time in Nassau of 7:00 am. Do they open the doors then, or is there a delay while they go through customs, tie up the ship, etc. I realize that weather or other things can change the actual arrival time, just wondering what time they typically allow you off. I'm trying to plan an early independent excursion, and I'm seeing if I would have time to get there.

OOPs..read it wrong

Ok now............it says 7am,but no, they dont just throw open the doors so you can leave.......they have to clear immigrations(I think it is) first..........it may be closer to 7:30-8 till you can get off.........

Trying to make a Stuarts Cove excursion bus???

Even if the ship has a delay with letting the passengers off, your tour will wait----you are their "bread and butter", so to speak! They only get paid if they give you the tour! A reputable guide understands how it works with cruise ships....don't worry too much about the time!

Even if the ship has a delay with letting the passengers off, your tour will wait----you are their "bread and butter", so to speak! They only get paid if they give you the tour! A reputable guide understands how it works with cruise ships....don't worry too much about the time!

Not so if they are doing Stuarts Cove.......they have a bus that picks up at several locations in Nassau and they wont wait.

I was looking to do the dolphin swim through dolphin encounters, but all they have available that date is 8:30. You have to be there @ 8:00 to take the ferry over, and add to that a cab ride to get to the pick up point. Not sure I want to risk the timing, so I'll probably just book through the cruise ship. Thanks for the replies.

Many times, the ship arrives earlier than the posted time, and can take care of business and allow passengers off quickly.

However, while they try to stick closely to the schedule, the time is only approximate, and is affected by things beyond their control, so you need to factor this into your decision to book an early tour on your own. Find out what the policy is for waiting until you can get off the ship before cutting it too close on time.

Archived